cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyber Bullying

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/cyberbully-tv-review-this-thriller-was-th...

Last night on Channel 4 (available on 4OD) was a cracking documentary on cyber bullying.
How many of us would know what cyber bullying is?
How many of us on here have been subjected to cyber bullying whilst online.
How many of us would know what to do if we were being cyber bullied.

There are some typical behaviors such as lighting the touch paper, creating the spark and then stepping back and watching it all unfold. Familiar to some I am sure.
There are clear methods of bullying.
And there are many more much more subtle forms of cyber bullying.

If you get a chance, watch the programme. It will be uncomfortable for some and eye opening for others.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122907 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Cyber Bullying !!

A practice that allows twisted people to say hateful things whilst hiding under a cloak of anonymity.

I haven't been subjected to it myself but my grandson was... via social media in particular Twitter

(No need for any reminders of age limit restrictions) ....

His life became untenable. I found out because of his change in personality.

All I will say at this point is....I fixed it. Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldn't dream of asking.

But it does go to show how anyone can be a victim. On any website. At any time.
Message 3 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Happy to see that some have been brought to court and convicted over it too.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was a brilliant programme and will worth a watch. For some it will be uncomfortable.
Message 5 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122907 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It was a brilliant programme and will worth a watch. For some it will be uncomfortable.

I wasn't able to watch it whilst here in Spain. I have watched similar programmes though particularly since my own experience. I find every single programme difficult to watch....but necessary. I know it affects all age groups but children of school age worry me more than others. They seem to keep their feelings and experiences hidden ....until tragically it is too late for some.

What I do like to see is investigative programmes exposing these bullying trolls.... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Internet trolls are evil. They start trouble then sit back and watch. Sounds familiar.

They cause untold alarm and stress.

In rare cases they go so far that the victim commits suicide.
Message 7 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122907 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Internet trolls are evil. They start trouble then sit back and watch. Sounds familiar.

They cause untold alarm and stress.

In rare cases they go so far that the victim commits suicide.

The last news item than ran for a while was the case of an internet troll who had bullied for years a high profile couple who lost a child. Slightly reversed situation here. When the cyber bully was exposed rather than stand trial and face the shame she had brought on herself...she commited suicide. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
These types of people need professional help to understand what their doing is wrong & can have effects mentally on the victim & also themselves
Message 9 of 26

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions