Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service from Carphone Warehouse

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Has anyone had any problems with Carphone Warehouse?

I purchased a phone from them online and the order was missing when I called them so I went in to store and ordered it there. 

I changed my mind about the phone so I wanted a refund.

I was told that it would be ready to collect on Monday between about 10am and 12 noon.  As I work, I asked my mum to collect it.  My mum went about 11am and she was told that it was not in yet.  She told them that I wanted a refund but they said they couldn't do it until the phone had arrived.  She went to a few shops and returned later that day and she was told that it was not in yet. 

My mum went back the next day.  Although the phone had arrived, the sales assistant said there was not enough money in the til to refund me.  I paid cash.  I got a £150 phone for £60 due to an upgrade.  I also got a memory card with it - which I was told was free - but when I got home and looked at the receipt it said that I had infact paid for it - very misleading!

My mum went to that store a further 2 times and a different store once and on each occasion she was told that there was not enough money in the til.  It was only £70 I wanted refunding - it's not like it was a £300 refund.

I was very annoyed by this so I waited until I was off work and I called the store prior to attending the store - I was told that there was still no money in their til - I told them I wanted a refund as I had waited a week and I kept being told the same thing.  I said that I would go to the store later that day and I wanted a refund by cash or bank transfer.  When I got to the store there was apprently only just enough money in the til and the sales assistant refunded me.

I used to shop with Carphone Warehouse a lot but I hadn't shopped there for a few months.  I won't be shopping there again any time soon.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

What happened to good old fashioned customer service 😞

Message 21 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
We didn't follow suit with some of the American Companies. 😞
Message 22 of 37

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

That's an understatement!

Society/businesses needs to think more about their customers needs rather than hitting their targets.

Message 23 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both should come hand in hand.
Message 24 of 37

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

True but the targets should not outweigh the customers needs

Message 25 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Unfortunately it goes to the customers spending or rewarding the companies with the most money - Same in all forms of business these days....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

Some companies still invest in good customer service Gemma...sadly they are the only ones who see this as a priority... and probably can afford to..

Other places seem to be of the attitude 'take their money and run'....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 37

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@gemz4the1 wrote:

Some companies still invest in good customer service Gemma...sadly they are the only ones who see this as a priority... and probably can afford to..

Other places seem to be of the attitude 'take their money and run'....:smileysad:

That's the old "Corner Shop" mentality which has sadly gone by the wayside with the takeover of massive corporations 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5  Quite right...I have always been an Old Corner Shop gal myself LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have to say my own experiences of CPW (before the merger with Dixons) had always been good.

I shall see when i change away from o2 at the end of my contract as to whether they are still good.
Message 30 of 37