Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service from Carphone Warehouse

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Has anyone had any problems with Carphone Warehouse?

I purchased a phone from them online and the order was missing when I called them so I went in to store and ordered it there. 

I changed my mind about the phone so I wanted a refund.

I was told that it would be ready to collect on Monday between about 10am and 12 noon.  As I work, I asked my mum to collect it.  My mum went about 11am and she was told that it was not in yet.  She told them that I wanted a refund but they said they couldn't do it until the phone had arrived.  She went to a few shops and returned later that day and she was told that it was not in yet. 

My mum went back the next day.  Although the phone had arrived, the sales assistant said there was not enough money in the til to refund me.  I paid cash.  I got a £150 phone for £60 due to an upgrade.  I also got a memory card with it - which I was told was free - but when I got home and looked at the receipt it said that I had infact paid for it - very misleading!

My mum went to that store a further 2 times and a different store once and on each occasion she was told that there was not enough money in the til.  It was only £70 I wanted refunding - it's not like it was a £300 refund.

I was very annoyed by this so I waited until I was off work and I called the store prior to attending the store - I was told that there was still no money in their til - I told them I wanted a refund as I had waited a week and I kept being told the same thing.  I said that I would go to the store later that day and I wanted a refund by cash or bank transfer.  When I got to the store there was apprently only just enough money in the til and the sales assistant refunded me.

I used to shop with Carphone Warehouse a lot but I hadn't shopped there for a few months.  I won't be shopping there again any time soon.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I once did get caught with the networks own T & C on returns. Not the fault of CPW. I had a phone for 5 days, I didn't get on with it , but the terms said I couldn't return it even though the phone I wanted was £250 more.

I just sold it on and purchased the phone anyway.
Message 11 of 37

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Like BoB, when I've bought from CPW, I got a PAYG phone with SIM and topup, used up the topup and then put my SIM in, but even then it's been when there's a cheap deal or good  trade-in.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 12 of 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Only issue I've had with cpw is with them failing to complete an upgrade order.
Long story but end result was they literally had no record of me upgrading with them AFTER I recieved goods. Out of courtesy I rang them to as why provided micro sim didn't work after few days (original sim did) and they explained that although they could see the delivery note for the goods, it was attached to an order that didn't exist. I asked if they needed the goods back to which I was told they couldn't request or accept the goods back as there system only allows returns on actual orders and as the order doesn't exist I could not return the stock.
I'll let you figure out what happened from then on...
Message 13 of 37

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Running out of Payg SIM cards ?

They said for all the sims they get in, they are all allocated to certain phones so they may have 20 O2 sims but they have been allocated to different phones.

Message 14 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a tall tale but who am I to say its not true.

wink
Message 15 of 37

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've removed a few posts. Please keep it on topic, guys. slight_smile
Message 16 of 37

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Yes it may be true, but surely carphone warehouse want to maximise their sales so they shouldn't be turning customers away.
Message 17 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
You would have thought so Gemma !
Message 18 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
They will have very aggressive sales targets set and certain deals will gain them more commission - Those will be the deals they are interested in selling and promoting at whatever costs to other (negligible) business....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

They will prioritise especially in these days of commision oriented sales and bonuses.

Message 20 of 37