Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Man Sues Lidl

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Man sues Lidl for opening a bit later than usual. Welcome to the story of David Benson. He’s 65 and irritated with Lidl. Why? Well, his local store opened up a bit later than it would normally, which caused his mince beef to go off. And he’s suing them about it.

Benson arrived at the Lidl in Edgware around 10am on a hot day last summer. On Lidl’s website, they said they were opening at that time, but he noticed a ‘hand-written note’ stuck on the door, saying it wouldn’t be opening ’til 11am.

As such, Benson claims that he was forced to wait outside until they opened, and during that time, his meat went off.

He said: “I realise there are those who would suggest that I am possibly over-reacting but I can assure you there were a lot of very unhappy people at 10am on that hot summer’s day”.

He’d bought his mince at a local butchers first, and went to Lidl to get the rest of his groceries. Benson, who happens to be an estate agent, said that he phoned Lidl customer services as soon as he got to the closed supermarket. He was told that Lidl’s opening hours had ‘recently changed’, and basically, they’d not updated the website yet.

Benson then wrote to Lidl, and he was offered vouchers. He says that he was treated ‘with complete contempt’.

A Lidl spokesperson said: “We can confirm the customer got in touch with us at 10.35am on June 7, 2015, and our customer services team investigated the matter fully. Our customer services team spoke to the customer over the phone and explained this, they apologised for the confusion and offered the customer vouchers as a gesture of goodwill.”

Fans of legal dramas – Mr Benson’s small claims case will be heard at Watford County Court on February 18th.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/man-sues-lidl-for-opening-a-bit-later-than-usual/90829?utm_source=feedbu...

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Seriously, how much mince did he buy versus the cost of the court proceedings?

"Forced to wait outside" is probably going to get him a ticking off from the judge for wasting the courts time.

Message 2 of 2