Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

It's the end of another week and we have another community spotlight! This spotlight is on @ComaChameleon! ComaChameleon joined the forum back in 2012 and has a big presence in the off topic section. 

We have asked a bunch of questions to help everyone get to know them better. As always feel free to ask any follow up questions wink

What's your name and where are you from?

I'm Anna, from Heinsberg, Germany (near Cologne)

Favourite thing about the forum/what do you like best?

Everyone is helping each other and trying to find a solution for people's problems. Aswell as the nice other members!

Why did you join the O2 forums?

Because I'm totally London-addicted and spend much time there, so I got myself a O2 UK Card to keep in touch with friends and to check up news etc. About the card and tariffs I had some questions and got them solved here. Smiley Happy

Which mobile phone did you first own and why?

My first one was a Alcatel One Touch easy... It was from my parents, but somehow I used it more often. After I got myself a Nokia 3310 - my first own one, it looked awesome and I fell in love the first time I saw it. I loved how you could change the case and get a another (looking) mobile by just some simple moves. My parents said I could get it - but I had to pay it by myself. After I won an art-contest, it became mine. The mobile number from that Prepaid-pack is still in use today.

Apple, Android or Windows?

Apple, all the way! I like the metal-bodies and the valuable-feeling materials aswell as it syncs with my iPad(s) and sharing calenders with my family. It's just clever and easy to use. 

Favourite movie/TV show/actor?

Oh... Gosh... I have so many! Doctor Who and The Vampire Diaries are my favorites at the moment. But (one of) my favorite actor is Gary Oldman, he is just fantastic!

What are your tastes in music?

Another hard one.. I love Green Day, my fav of all times, so I love punk-rock, rock. I love Robbie Williams aswell, so it's Pop. But another side I love is Gregorian, gregorian chant meets pop/rock music. So it's a very wide choice.

Do you have any pets?

Sadly not :'( I'm friends with a couple who breed Parson Russell Terriers, their dogs just love me, so when they're in vacation I take one of their dogs. We wanted to get one too, but due to my shiftwork and life circumstances a dog wouldn't fit into my life at the moment. One day we'll get one, for sure!

Cats or dogs which are better?

Dogs!

If you could have a conversation with any famous person, dead or alive who would it be and why?

I guess it would be Billie Joe from Green Day. He is a very interesting person and we have some things in common and it would be cool to talk about the thoughts and problems came up then.

What is your zombie apocalypse plan?

I guess it would look a bit like Simon Pegg in "Shaun of the dead"... I never thought about that topic. I saw some dead people in my job and it was ok, but never thought they could move again..

Future developments in mobile tech your looking forward to?

Waterproof mobiles and battery-charging-circles like the 3310 Smiley Very Happy

Hobbies besides mobile?

I joined the voluntary Fire Dept back in 2001, since then I joined the HazMat Unit aswell as I'm an instructor for our Youth Dept and work at our administrative desk.

Greets Smiley Happy

Awesome thanks for taking the time ComaChameleon! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@ComaChameleon

Yes, I remember Wildenwrath, although it was a bit of a ghost town when I arrived in Germany, as the four remaining squadrons were operating out of RAF Brüggen at the time, and it was just being used to house some of the married guys and their families.

Of course both bases have gone now, since the British have returned home  slight_frown

But I have fond memories of Germany, and I'll have to plan another trip in the new year  wink

@Anonymous

My dad was born in Arsbeck and lived his first (or first two years, dk...) year in Wildenrath. Did the other three operate from there too? I just knew about GB... The Harriers and what noice they made (I know it only from my parents talked from that time).

A trip sounds like an good idea, the near Ruhr-area is worth seeing, like "Zeche Zollverein" in Essen or the "Villa Hügel" (Essen aswell) wink

@Toby

np wink

@ all others

thanks slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ComaChameleon wrote:
My dad was born in Arsbeck and lived his first (or first two years, dk...) year in Wildenrath. Did the other three operate from there too? I just knew about GB... The Harriers and what noice they made (I know it only from my parents talked from that time).

A trip sounds like an good idea, the near Ruhr-area is worth seeing, like "Zeche Zollverein" in Essen or the "Villa Hügel" (Essen as well) wink

Now we are getting nostalgic. Harriers would have been based at Wildenwrath during the seventies, which is before my time, as I didn't join up until 1981. But I do have some experience of that aircraft, and yes I'm sure some of the locals would have complained about the noise. They're probably enjoying the peace and tranquility nowadays  wink

Thanks for the tips about Essen, as I usually travel to Cologne or Düsseldorf, and it would be nice to see a little more of what Germany has to offer.

Message 22 of 23

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous

I twice saw a flight display at an air show in Hechtel (Belgium), there were Harrier aswell. I found them awesome, so ... special ^^

But loud were all the aircrafts (like F-16 f.e.)

My mom said they were based there until die 80's... They flew over the houses when they lived here (and they bought the house middle 80's).

You're welcome. There are soooo many nice things to see.. Like that one: http://www.route-industriekultur.ruhr/ankerpunkte/kokerei-hansa.html  (especially if you like to take photos), or this one: http://www.route-industriekultur.ruhr/ankerpunkte/zeche-zollern.html (beautiful Jugenstil/Art noveau coal mine)... There are sooo many things... Now I need to ask my boyfriend to visit some of them with me (he lives in Bochum) x'D

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 23 of 23