Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Smoking ban 'To start in October'

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Apologies if you have heard this on the news but as it is health related I thought I would post it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30513439

Smoking in cars with children will be banned in England, under new laws put forward by the government.

Apparently MPS are to have a final vote on this. If passed it will come into force next October

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

........changing gear, operating the windscreen wipers, operating the indicators, switching the heated windows on and off, operating the aircon/heating etc etc

Car drivers are well known for their multi-tasking capabilities........:smileywink:

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

That also begs the questions about changing radio stations, inserting a cd, eating, unwrapping a sweet or picking your nose.....

Indeed @jonsie    One should never use one hand to do such things - always use 2 hands and steer with your knees.

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned earlier, how will it be enforced?

I still see plenty of people smoking in Vans and Trucks including liveried vehicles.

Also see numerous people using phones, fog lights when no fog, and Sat Nav's placed in light of sight on windscreen!

Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed @Anonymous

I'm sure most people have seen indiscretions.

I once observed a person mentioning to a driver at a road traffic lights that perhaps the car driver shouldn't be holding his phone whilst driving.

The road rage from the driver that ensued was awful.
Message 14 of 14