cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bus Wi-Fi

Anonymous
Not applicable

So just wondering how many other places offer Wi-Fi on their local bus services?

The Wi-FI service on Brighton & Hove buses is fab I have to say 

Fantastic

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a good idea and a natural move as it would mirror what London underground offers to their commuters for example.

I'm not too sure if the Train Company offers this either in Leeds !

I use BtBroadband so I can latch onto Hotspots and from other Bt Customers who allow a small amount of their bandwidth open to allow other Bt Customers to join as a guest to their routers.

I'm also fortunate to have Free city centre wide Wifi. We have sealed revamped telephone boxes in the centre that generates this Wifi.

Think I may wing an e mail to my Bus Company to ask if they intend to introduce this. slight_smile
Message 11 of 46

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Out of all of the buses in Liverpool I think I have seen maybe 2 or 3 new buses with wifi on them.  I've never used it though.

Message 12 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing on London Buses.

We have free wifi on tube platforms.

Which is good but you only really spend 5 (sometimes less) or so minutes waiting for a train. So of limited value. 

The bus companies dont even put the heating on in cold weather in order to save money.

So doubt they will shell out to install wifi.Unless they charge for it or put advertising on it.

The new milion pound Routemasters dont have any proper ventilation systems. (ie no air con) So wasnt expecting the bus designers to think about wifi!!!

Message 13 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 46

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

WiFi on London buses is a great idea. Having it on the tube is pretty useless, unless it's to send a very quick text. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 46

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok . . . i'm prepared to eat my words

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/11016941/Transport-for-London-trials-free-WiFi-on-buses.html

Seems promising, RV1 being one of the buses I sometimes get around the SouthBank.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 16 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, no WiFi on buses in Teesside... (except the X{number} express buses to Newcastle,Sunderland or Durham)

And round my neck of the woods (outskirts), the last bus is around 6PM

Only trains with WiFi near me , is the Transpennine Express Manchester Airport train, 1st class coach only

Message 17 of 46

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great to hear your thoughts on this Cutiekitty992 :) I watch way too much Netflix on my bus to work!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Great to hear your thoughts on this Cutiekitty992 slight_smile I watch way too much Netflix on my bus to work!

No company car? Terrible treatment by O2!Smiley Frustrated

Message 19 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Company bus pass only wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 46