cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Becoming a customer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to become a new O2 customer via the internet?

My husband wishes to join the network, but visiting an O2 shop is not convenient.

There doesn't seem to be the facility on the website for new customers to sign up.

Can joining only be achieved by calling in person to a high street O2 shop?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can check out all available offers at www.o2.co.uk/shop.

If you see a handset, tablet or sim that you like you can select a tariff to suit your needs.

From there you can add any extras you wish i.e insurance of an accessory or you can proceed to the check out.

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You can purchase anything from the online shop https://www.o2.co.uk/shop Or if you prefer you can browse the online shop and ring customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus  

(which is what I did)

If you ring and speak to someone they can guide you through the process...... There is never a need to go instore... Welcome to the forum by the way...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Going in store is quicker but it can all be done from the shop pages online.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great explanation @Smithy1990  Fantastic

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

We do not wish to purchase a tablet, a phone, an app or any other device from the online shop.

I repeat. We have a spare phone (locked to O2). My husband would like to use this phone.

To become a customer is it a matter of purchasing an O2 sim card, putting it in the phone and registering it with O2?

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Yes you can do that.....Have a look at the sims and decide which tariff you want either payg or contract. ...I have a contract sim only tariff. I had the phone and bought the sim and went for a 12month tariff which gave me unlimited calls and texts and 3GB of data...

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Sim cards are available from the shop too as indicated above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8