Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Argos vouchers for your old phone

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Another alternative for your old phone which may appeal to some though it remains to be seen just how good or bad their offers are for recycing your phone. I think it will be more for the drawerful of old mobiles we have forgotten about rather than for the modern smartphone we want decent money for.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33675472

UK consumers can now trade in old mobile phones for an instant reward on the High Street in an initiative led by government-funded charity Wrap.

The eco-friendly organisation has set up a scheme with catalogue retailer Argos for customers to swap old phones and tablets for store gift vouchers.

The scheme will be extended to other items such as laptops if it goes well.

IT industry analyst Chris Green told BBC News previous technology recycling schemes had succeeded.

"The challenge is getting more people to recycle more," he said.

"We know people have a large amount of redundant technology sitting in drawers and cupboards, and it is better to recycle it than for it to go into landfill.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Interesting idea....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I can't see them offering a great deal, good way to get old phones back into recycling though.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have 7 or 8 relics in various places around the house....may be worth taking them when I leave....

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I have 7 or 8 relics in various places around the house....may be worth taking them when I leave....

Was busy when you posted this @jonsie.....I am dying to ask who or what are these 7-8 old relics you have hanging around the house. Were you planning on including them as fixtures and fittings when you sell up? Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions