Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps - what if you were in control?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

If you could alter any app, which app would it be and why?

It may be a little tinkering or it may be an overhaul to fit your needs.

One change I would make is to the Facebook app because I would find it easier if the 'other' message box could be viewable in the main message screen rather than having to go onto the desktop site to view them.  Another small alteration I would make to the Facebook app is (similar to the Twitter app) whereby you can click the banner at the top and you can go to the top of the posts in your timeline.  At the moment, this can only be done if a new post banner appears (which doesn't always happen).

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can double tap the top of the phone to go back to the top of any list..... But that might just be Samsung wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

That doesn't work on iOS for Facebook - only for Twitter - but thanks for reminding me that it's possible on Android tongue

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi gemz4the1

I think apps have come a long way since the early days in regards to fine tuning how an end user wants them to work , along with adding controls for privacy.

And now many offer feedback avenues so an end user can suggest ways of improving the user experience.

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

That doesn't work on iOS for Facebook - only for Twitter - but thanks for reminding me that it's possible on Android tongue

Everything you want is available on Android so your best choice would be Android next time tongue

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

You prefer Android - I prefer iOS - we'll agree to disagree slight_smile

Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

This thread is about apps in general and not another debate of iOS vs Android....... Crazy

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

You prefer Android - I prefer iOS - we'll agree to disagree slight_smile

Absolutely.... but do you really prefer iOS as you appear to want to change many things....?

Mexican Wave

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Neither iOS nor Android are perfect - there will always be some flaws in both. 

Message 10 of 12