Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple denies that 600m iOS devices have secret backdoor

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Thought provoking article in the Telegraph though Apple have gone to great lengths to deny it on their website ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/10985844/Apple-denies-that-600m-iOS-devices-have-secret-...

"Apple has been accused of intentionally adding features into iOS that may have been used by the NSA to collect personal data from some of the 600m iOS devices currently in use worldwide.

Jonathan Zdziarski, who worked on the teams creating jailbreak software for the iPhone around the time of iOS4, wrote five iOS-related books for technology publisher O’Reilly and has trained law enforcement agencies around the world in how to extract and analyse data from iPhones, claims to have found features that could be used to download sensitive files such as photographs and personal messages from Facebook and Twitter."

There seems to be no end these days of scaremongering and people claiming to be exponents of these security flaws.

I take everything with a pinch of salt when reading these articles to be honest. I mean, does it really matter to the average person if the NSA have some of your personal details? Not to me anyway and I won't be losing sleep over such claims designed to alarm the general public.

Apple : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6331?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
A very interesting article @jonsie and thank you for sharing.

I'm not overly worried either. slight_smile

I have nothing really to share to be honest.

I also choose not to send diagnostic info on any of my iDevices.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
More Apple security flaws!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup it's almost getting as flawed as Android wink
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

is this the same as a couple of years ago when they said they couldnt get your locations when in actual fact they could?? Zipped

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
All the Apple fanboys like to live in ignorance of the facts wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

i never trust a phone same as i never trust a fart anyway its not the phone its GCHQ, hello GCHQ just incase your reading this Wave

we should all wave to them slight_smile 

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear , are we trying to make this a 'Vs' thread old boy.

Psssstttttt , their only phones. wink

Rofl.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

a phone is a phone as long as it calls texts, emails etc then im happy slight_smile 

Message 9 of 9