Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple: How uncaring!

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Last year a young lad from my home town was stabbed to death on his way home from a party.

His killers were found and jailed.

Morgan Hehir was a young talented musician...who stored his work on his MacBook.

His family are desperate to gain access to this and other treasured photos and memories of their dead son.

Apple are refusing to give his grieving family the password to unlock the device...Even after his father sent documents to show his son was deceased. Apple have stated they have to get a court order and even then they may refuse to hand over the password...

Personally I find this whole attitude sickening. A total disregard for the grief of this family ...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/grieving-dad-says-apple-wont-8515157#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's just wrong & Apple should do the right thing
Message 2 of 22

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

That's just awful. It's one of the reasons I won't buy from Apple. Their whole self righteous attitude stinks x

giphy-3
Message 3 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Of course as he was a local lad and the murder happened in our local council park...it is making headline news here. I have friends and one family member who knew him. I can assure you the story isn't exaggerated slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Also his dad remarks that he understands about privacy with todays technology....but as he also said ...a few years back we would have had access to all his photo's from albums and his music would have been on discs....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I wonder if ripping the drive out and putting it in an external enclosure would get access to files.
Message 6 of 22

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Absolutely appalling from Apple. Mind you I'm not surprised in the least. When the NSA and FB I are refused what chance has this poor family desperate to retrieve their memories?

Message 7 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I wonder if ripping the drive out and putting it in an external enclosure would get access to files.

Maybe you need to get in touch with the family @viridis? :smileyhappy:...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Absolutely appalling from Apple. Mind you I'm not surprised in the least. When the NSA and FB I are refused what chance has this poor family desperate to retrieve their memories?

Exactly @jonsie....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 22

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm disgusted beyond belief. I really feel for this family. Anyone buying into the next crapple release should take things like this into consideration. Unfrickinbelievable! 

Message 10 of 22