Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple: Falling sales

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

For the first time since 2003 Apple are reporting a fall in revenue...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36146336

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well their attempt at a plastic iPhone 5C didn't pay off & from what I've heard people aren't receiving their iPhone SE that they have pre ordered 

Message 2 of 13

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Newton's Universal Law of Gravitation innit ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I think everyone expected this and it's something we have all noticed in the last 12 months despite initial denials from Apple. Until they come up with something really groundbreaking again or at least lower the prices sales will continue to decline with less people buying into the brand and there being far better value handsets released nearly every month.

Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I realise it's breaking news......I expect there will be some 'logical reason' given by Apple tomorrow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I think everyone expected this and it's something we have all noticed in the last 12 months despite initial denials from Apple. Until they come up with something really groundbreaking again or at least lower the prices sales will continue to decline with less people buying into the brand and there being far better value handsets released nearly every month.

Chinese phones are coming up to 'the winning post' as we speak.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Newton's Universal Law of Gravitation innit ?
@Cleoriff wrote:

I realise it's breaking news......I expect there will be some 'logical reason' given by Apple tomorrow

"What goes up always comes back down..........eventually" ..... Beenherebefore's Theory of Business Success & Failure

Message 7 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Apparently one of the biggest reasons for the drop is falling sales in China. There's a lot more competition out there now, and Apple have fallen behind in innovation. They can't keep churning out the same phone with minor tweaks and expect consumers to leap at it just because it has a new number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 13

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:
They can't keep churning out the same phone with minor tweaks and expect consumers to leap at it just because it has a new number.

Why not ?.........most Apple mobile phone users just need to let their mates know that they have the new iphone....the mandatory orgasms follow on from that.

The look or spec of the phone has little influence......it's having the latest number that counts.

Message 9 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Beenherebefore wrote:

The look or spec of the phone has little influence......it's having the latest number that counts.

Although that's been true for some time, it may not be the case now, and some people are finally wising up.

http://www.cnet.com/news/apples-iphone-7-problem/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=20649169049142547323651935907...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 13