Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Emergency Windows update

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Not long since the last one. Yet another emergency Windows update. Coming thick and fast these days. Apparently you're okay if you've upgraded to Windows 10, which I have no intention of doing for months yet.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2973097/microsoft-windows/microsoft-pushes-out-an-emergency-upd...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Well my other half has a year old laptop.. Toshiba...and he rolled back because all his documents and files were Read Only and could not be changed. He went on every forum possible to get it sorted... and lots of similar complaints...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 14

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

To be honest I have very little in the way of documents as the notebook is on the home network with administration options. I haven't found any issues with read only.

Message 12 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

To be honest I have very little in the way of documents as the notebook is on the home network with administration options. I haven't found any issues with read only.

Well of course it depends on use really.... My other half designs the website for the Civic Hall and adds and books the acts. Obviously if they have appeared before he can use documents, contracts, flyers and make changes as appropriate etc...but not if they are read only. They don't allow any amendment

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I can say it's a little under tested as I keep it relatively clutter free it just Skype and the O2 apps on there for travelling purposes and in case of being mugged by the occasional lady boy LOL

Message 14 of 14