Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambulance chasers?

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I sometimes wonder about the world we live in. Whoever advised this man, who has more money than any of us, to sue and bring a lawsuit should be shot at dawn!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37406977

Michael Schumacher 'cannot walk', German court hears

A lawyer for Michael Schumacher has told a court in Germany that the former Formula 1 world champion "cannot walk" following his skiing injury.

Felix Damm was detailing the extent of Schumacher's injuries in a lawsuit against German magazine, Bunte.

The magazine had reported last Christmas that the seven-time world champion could walk again.

But Mr Damm said that Schumacher, 47, "cannot walk" more than two and a half years after the accident.

Bunte had quoted a source at the end of last year as saying that Schumacher could

manage some steps with the help of therapists and could raise an arm.

At the time, Schumacher's agent, Sabine Kehm, released a statement denying the story, saying: "Unfortunately we are forced by a recent press report to clarify that the assertion that Michael could move again is not true."

Someone can explain what this is all about? Jeezus!.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
One word.... money.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 9

AJ1982
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

That's the thing about greed, it knows no bounds.

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I am surprised that he (or representatives) are taking this action. Considering his family have gone to great pains to keep him out of the limelight and protect his privacy.... this is the last thing he needs. I suspect 'walking again' is the very least of Michaels problems. The fact he was in an induced coma for 6 months after his accident gives a much clearer picture of his actual condition. Very sad for him.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I am surprised that he (or representatives) are taking this action. Considering his family have gone to great pains to keep him out of the limelight and protect his privacy.... this is the last thing he needs. I suspect 'walking again' is the very least of Michaels problems. The fact he was in an induced coma for 6 months after his accident gives a much clearer picture of his actual condition. Very sad for him.

tbh - I would wonder if he doesn't stray a nursing case for the rest of his "life" (not sure if that should be called "life").

That the nasty gossip rags keep writing rumours isn't a wonder at all - Too much fans want to know if he is still alive etc.

(I don't care at all, can't have compasion for accidents related with such dangerous sports)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

The sad irony of this @ComaChameleon was that Michael Schumacher participated in Formula 1 for years without experiencing any life changing injuries. His accident occurred after retirement from F1 and whilst he was on a skiing holiday with this family.......he fell on a downhill slope.. and hit his head on a rock....A real tragedy...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The sad irony of this @ComaChameleon was that Michael Schumacher participated in Formula 1 for years without experiencing any life changing injuries. His accident occurred after retirement from F1 and whilst he was on a skiing holiday with this family.......he fell on a downhill slope.. and hit his head on a rock....A real tragedy...

I know... (he had a bad accident back in his first F1 career, but recovered, by the way). He has many fans here, because he is from Kerpen (near Cologne) which is really close.

Skiing is a dangerous sport, so everyone knows about that before entering the slope and knows what could happen. I know paramedics who work on such tracks, they have a hell lot of surgical cases there.

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Which is why you would never get me on a pair of skis. Tried it once at a local snow dome. Made a bit of a fool of myself. Funny though.... I was ok on the toboggan....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Just like ice skating. ...land on my ass doing both. Strangely I was pretty good at the Nevada in Bolton on roller skates.....Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 9