cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon testing drones for deliveries

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon testing drones for deliveries

I'd still get the wrong item or a damaged package or the local pondlife would rob it !!

wink

Source : BBC News.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25180906

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't see that being free delivery slight_smile
Message 2 of 25

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I would think that it would only be available for Amazon Prime customers. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kind of reminds me of that 'drone' in the Judge Dredd Film with Sylvester Stallone in.

Message 4 of 25

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
It sounds awesome, but I really don't know if this could work for such a huge company.

Do you think customers would be worried about them being safe?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone catch the recent Tv documentary about working life in the Amazon Warehouses ?

Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime is a complete waste of money IMO, cos contrary to what they tell you is actually does not guarantee 1 day deliveries, my last 2 out of 3 orders on Amazon using Prime have turned up a day late, dispatched Sunday, advertised delivery before 1 PM on Tuesday, items did not turn up till |Wednesday.

Not acceptable IMO, I mean OK Royal Fail mess up at the best of times, and they're extremely busy this time of year but come on, 3 days for a first class delivery?!

Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Amazon Prime is a complete waste of money IMO, cos contrary to what they tell you is actually does not guarantee 1 day deliveries, my last 2 out of 3 orders on Amazon using Prime have turned up a day late, dispatched Sunday, advertised delivery before 1 PM on Tuesday, items did not turn up till |Wednesday.

Not acceptable IMO, I mean OK Royal Fail mess up at the best of times, and they're extremely busy this time of year but come on, 3 days for a first class delivery?!

If Amazon is still using Yodel to deliver stuff, no wonder it arrives late or damaged. Ordered few times from Amazon whilst on free Prime trial and my orders never arrived on time!

So cancelled my membership and avoiding companies using Yodel.

Royal Mail is pretty decent where I live, first class takes 1-2 days each time to arrive

Message 8 of 25

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Did anyone catch the recent Tv documentary about working life in the Amazon Warehouses ?

Yes. Doesn't look to be a very healthy environment to work in. Amazon doesn't like negative publicity, so I would hope they would react to it in a positive way.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on my second prime trial and think its great the stuff has always turned up next day maybe because I'm in London
Message 10 of 25