cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts for reaching contract limits

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi is there a way I can set up automatic alerts so that I know when I am about to go over my tariff?

Just been charged £80.00+ for a £23.00 per month contract. If i'd been notified then I have been more conscious about how many minutes I was using because that bill is ridiculous...

I am aware that going over my minutes is my own doing which is why I'm not asking for a refund but just to make sure I dont spend this every month, is there a way to get automatic alerts about this?

T

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should keep an eye on it as its your responsibility but you can check your allowances & how much you have left in your myo2
Message 2 of 7

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi is there a way I can set up automatic alerts so that I know when I am about to go over my tariff?

Just been charged £80.00+ for a £23.00 per month contract. If i'd been notified then I have been more conscious about how many minutes I was using because that bill is ridiculous...

I am aware that going over my minutes is my own doing which is why I'm not asking for a refund but just to make sure I dont spend this every month, is there a way to get automatic alerts about this?

T

They do alert you when you're about to reach your data allowance (at the 80% and at the 100% point), however don't think that they do it for the minutes. Perhaps, installing the MyO2 app could help?

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Install the MyO2 app - it's easy to use and it does show you your remaining allowances in a clear and easy to understand way.

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

O2 adopt the policy of making the person with the contract responsible for monitoring their own usage. MY O2 allows this both via PC or on your phone via the App

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes its the responsibility of the person whose name is on the contract but this can be particularly difficult for parents taking out a contract for their offspring. 

No alerts can be set up for minutes I'm afraid but the My O2 app is definitely the way to go.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Also, most phones have a call counter that you can reset each month on your billing date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7