O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

O2 Wallet

O2 Social Media Team
Paul

We’re closing O2 Wallet – here’s all you need to know!

Hi All,

As you know, we always value our customer insight that revolves at the heart of all products and services we take to market. When we launched the O2 Wallet 18 months ago we were one of the first mobile wallets around. Since then lots has changed for us, the market and our customers. So, we’ve decided to close the O2 Wallet to give us time to look into new and better ways to help people manage their money on the move, both in the UK and abroad.

From today onwards, we’ll start communicating to all O2 Wallet customers around our plans and how it will affect them. That’ll be by email and text message and will be a 60 day process. From the 31st March, existing customers won’t be able to make any further transactions with their O2 Wallet account. Any outstanding balances on your O2 Money account will be credited back from 10th April, 2014 by either cheque or into your linked bank accounts. By the end of April, the online O2 Wallet customer dashboard will no longer be available.

You can find all the FAQ’s here: http://www.o2.co.uk/money

Once the service has completely closed on the 31st April, we’ll then close this board. Between now and then, feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

Re: We’re closing O2 Wallet – here’s all you need to know!

Another service from O2 closes, here it's the second time for the same product. :smilie_frech_100:

Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.2
Please use plain text.
Level 43: Bright Spark
Bambino

And after the 31st of April there will be a slew of posts with 'I wasn't told' somewhere within it. :aghast_smiley:

Please use plain text.
davethorp
Topics: 7
Kudos: 60
Solutions: 27

Can't say I'm surprised. I was part of the trial prior to the official launch. I didn't see the point in it during the trial as I could just use my own credit/debit cards and would use a bank transfer if I needed to send money to someone else.

Couldn't even tell you where my card is anymore not that it matters as the wallet is long since empty and the app was deleted off my phone a long time ago

Please use plain text.
Level 14: Rising star 
Forkingabout

Come on Telefonica, just sell O2 UK of.

All people really wanted from O2 was a decent mobile phone service at a competitive price, all this other rubbish they have tried & failed with just proves the point someone high up needs there P45.

Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
mrmadcat

They never even launched it. NFC is what we wanted...
Simon
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
kaduk

the only reason i am with o2 (long term pay as you go customer) is because of 02 wallet.  now they are closing it is time to change network and get a better deal

Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

There are some alternatives offered here if it helps you and the Kalixa card is free if you sign up here:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaid-cards/pay-as-you-go/

Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.2
Please use plain text.