Welcome on-board

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Welcome to our new home everyone!

As we announced earlier, it gives us great pleasure to launch our brand new O2 Community to you all today. It’s a breath of fresh air, take a look around to get familiar with some of the new features we’ve got for you like marking posts as solved, giving Kudos, and the all new twitter integration on the right hand side. You also get a special ‘rank’ as you get involved and help others on the O2 Community.

We really want this to be a great place to help each other with any question you may have. While you're here, do stop for a general chit chat. We hope you like your new home slight_smile

As always, if you’ve any questions, please do let us know!

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well now got in, having struggled with the new login process. Pity I couldn't keep my old forum name, which was different from my main O2 login.. Something for you to look into improving.

I remembered where I had seen this Lithium forum layout before - on the BT Community pages, and of course I moved away from BT to O2 a while back... It certainly is sluggish, especially in scrolling and occasionally in typing. Using Opera here - basically seems to work OK. But not sure whether it is an improvement...

Message 21 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response in sorting the user name Abs, old name back working - cheers,

However (you dont need to do anything) this user name now loads by default as wanted but you sent the pm to the temp un so cant get in to read it, presume you are telling me you have sorted

Thanks again Abs

Message 22 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

New forum looks good! clean and tidy, and after a bit of digging could find the old posts, now they are in new folders!

however 2 issues:

How do I link my old forum username (surreyBoy77) with my new one? (this one - Surrey-Boy77). Seen same issue mentioned few times, but not how to resolve it. On the screen that asked me to set up new community name, it simply said my original name was in use (by me of course)

second issue - for some reason had problems validating my email address as my new account name, and regardless of how many times I  reesent verification email, it errored saying it coudl not validate. So I used my work email, and this has validated fine - how do I know change it again to my preferred email address? coudl not see any obvious option in 'My Settings'!

thanks for your help..

Surrey-Boy77 (AKA SurreyBoy77)

Message 23 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Again the same problem, I was buseng12 on the old forum but of course it wouldn't let me use it  again as it was already in use, by me! Will send a PM to Abs. 

Message 24 of 68

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Anyone who’d like to retain their existing username from the old platform to reflect as the ‘display name’ in the new O2 Community – feel free to PM me directly and I’ll get it sorted. 

Abs

Message 25 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you give some clear answers on this new system: 

1) Are we now forced to use a FULL email address as our login to O2? 

I tried to NOT change my login to a full email, but then gathered that I *had* to, just in order to get the validation email in order to post in the forums...? 

2) My old account was "jimthing0", with a history under that name. Can you please move all that account history so I can keep this new preferred "jimthing" name? 

Otherwise I cannot edit an important sticky forum under there. Nor see my past posting history. 

3) Where are the sticky threads anyway, they all seem to be in with the main stuff — why? 

These threads gave very helpful (not-out-of-date) info for the benefit of other users. 

IMPORTANT: Can we still edit posts in these threads to maintain the info in them after starting them a while ago (several weeks/months/years in some cases)? 

4) Design: can you make the Subject column wider (or something else)? 

As very many threads now have "..." halfway through their title, or because the fontsize is too big. Additionally hoverover/tooltip on them does not reveal the the remaining title of the thread either.

eg. they display badly on many lines like this: 

"I have a big

problem with 

something to 

do with m..."

PM me asap if you want to confirm somethin to do with my account settings. 

Message 26 of 68

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

jimthing abs has said in another thread to pm him and they will sort out usernames etc

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 27 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Obviously I did that as well.

The post above asks questions, both myself and other users need to know. 

Message 28 of 68

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just edited my useful iphone links thread and spell checked using this forums spell checker.

I flagged to abs a few of the threads earlier that were sticky but I think he has had a long busy day lets see what happens over the following few days.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 29 of 68

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

There's a major issue with maximum characters allowed on posts. 

Trying to edit this sticky page: 

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/iPhone-4-4S-case-screen-protector-brands-list/td-p/158244 

I get: 

Fault: "maximum 40 characters" under to the Subject line. 

AND

Fault: "maximum 2000 characters" under to the Body line. 

This is totally pants, as the current post I have there has around 6000 characters (and the Subject is well-over 40 as well). This is going to mean me having to delete this whole post as I cannot maintain it here! 

As many other longterm posters are going to be affected by this ridiculously low amount (certainly for many posts like this where we are actually trying to be helpful to other O2 users by maintaining information!); so can O2 admin please lift these to 80 and 8000 respectively. 

Message 30 of 68