O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 4: Observant
jimbobaggies

o2 router

[ Edited ]
Look at the content of these two websites, they will help you a great deal if you are having problems;

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/socket.htm
http://www.readman.dsl.pipex.com/other/ ... wiring.htm
Labor Omnia Vincit

LG G2 D80220B
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
stellarbelz

o2 router

Thank you very much, both the sites are very helpful and very clearly written. I will have a good look at them. An engineer did the job for me in May this year, so I am pretty sure it is alright. Not too sure about the phones though. As I said, they are quite old and could do with renewing to a newer model.
Please use plain text.
accyuklad1

o2 router

wen u get a cordless phone and still doing same fault try changin filter
Please use plain text.
plusmore

Re: o2 Router

That url didn't work for me either, try this one;
http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/dsl/dt/?be=0&l0=1&l1=0
Login = "SuperUser"
Password = "O2Br0adb64nd"
Bold = Capital
Red = Number

That doesn't work for me - looks like the userid/password is being rejected - it doesn't need the quotes does it?
Please use plain text.
stellarbelz

o2 router

No, I should not think the quotes should go in.

I am just not able to telnet on o2 in any big way. I did pick up a trick from this site and I can get all my router stats in a flash with the Netgear, but I have no idea what works with the Thompsons.

http://www.beforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9449 (Netgear)

This is really easy, if you click on the first link and leave the page open and then click on the second link, you get all your stats.

I have a Z-block filter, just bought it. The ordinary filter you get with routers is not good enough for this line. Z-blocker works well. If you plug it straight into the mastersocket (I do not have the larger faceplate), then plug in, you are plugged direct into your line, if you pick up the phone to use it the filter kicks in. So you get an undiluted filter, not one that is working all the time (I think).
Please use plain text.
Level 23: Casual Specs
Oliver341

Re: o2 Router

That doesn't work for me - looks like the userid/password is being rejected - it doesn't need the quotes does it?

The password is always rejected on the first login attempt.
Oliver.
Please use plain text.
Deadbeat

Re: o2 router

.... I have one "radio" phone, which really affects the signal....

Doubling up on (Series connecting) filters sometimes helps in these situations. Simply plug a filter into the socket, a second filter into the first filter and then the phone into the second filter.
Please use plain text.
stellarbelz

o2

That was the first thing I did, double filtering.........................can you believe that it made it worse? I have to take time to find out the misbehaving appliance, it is difficult. For the present, my connection seems to be settling at just over 5000 sync and has dropped, from 5,500. I hope it is just the weekend traffic and maybe some traffic shaping by o2. I had quite a few drop outs last night until I rebooted my router, then it was stable again.
Please use plain text.
Level 23: Casual Specs
Oliver341

Re: o2

I hope it is just the weekend traffic and maybe some traffic shaping by o2.

O2 does not use traffic shaping, at least not on LLU.
Oliver.
Please use plain text.
stellarbelz

o2 router

Must have been the exchange then. I have no objection to shaping if it helps the flow so we go a little slower, but there were at least 4 disconnects last night. So far so good tonight.
Please use plain text.