O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Home Broadband & Home Phone

Level 2: Apprentice
dazza71

Using O2 wireless box II as WDS repeater with DrayTek Vigor

Hello.

My O2 BB connection is being setup this week. However I already have a very good DrayTek vigor wireless router that I plan to continue using. Instead I want to use the O2 box to extend my wireless network using WDS.

Both the DrayTek and the O2 box support WDS but the documentation for both is poor.

My plan is to slave the O2 box as a repeater off the DrayTek. I've enabled WDS on both and they can see each other. The DrayTek wants to use WPA (because this is what I have setup generally) and I've entered a shared key.

On the O2 box it doesnt say whether its bridging or repeating. Nor does it allow you to select the authentication/encryption type.

Needless to say its not working!
I love my iPad and my iphone 4... hmm not so much (but getting there!)
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
wilderbeastie

Using O2 wireless box II as WDS repeater with DrayTek Vigor

I know this is an old post.

Apparently you can't use WPA with WDS. WDS only works with WEP something to do with the encryption key exchanges. I also wanted to do something similar (with a different router) and never got it working.
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
pintux

Re: Using O2 wireless box II as WDS repeater with DrayTek Vi

How did you enable WDS on the O2 wireless router - I cannot find any documentation so any help would be useful.
Please use plain text.
O2 Social Media Team
Paul

Re: Using O2 wireless box II as WDS repeater with DrayTek Vi

Hi pintux,
WDS is something that we don't support but to point you in the general direction, go to the router gui.
Then go to Interfaces and WLAN. When the page has loaded, click 'Configure'. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Configure WDS.
That should give you a head start :smileyhappy:
Paul
Please use plain text.