O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Home Broadband & Home Phone

Level 6: Acolyte
reader

Text & EMail Messages from O2

I am having to leave O2 like 100's of others due to the sale of the broadband and landline business to Sky.

How can I stop the text and email messages coming from O2 saying they want me to stay with them when there is nothing to stay with ?  never had or needed so many communications in the past.

As it happened there was a seamless changeover from O2 Broadband to Plusnet yesterday and the landline phone is scheduled for a couple of weeks time.

Please use plain text.
Level 4: Observant
davida13

Re: Text & EMail Messages from O2

i wouldn't have thought the text/emails would get sent multiple times.
its usually once, when they get informed your leaving isn't it?
if it isn't, phone o2 and tell them to update your 'contact details' so that they dont text you.
Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

Have you turned them off in MyO2?

Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.2
Please use plain text.
Level 6: Acolyte
reader

Sussed the first few were ref broadband then the landline ones followed, There was a proper letter in the post today.

I havnt turned anything off in my o2 as I will then not have access to my mobile accounts which I have never been able to access only through the linked accounts option despite emails, telephone calls and texts to o2 they have not been able to resolve.

This is less important now since I upgraded the mobile the My O2 app works on the latest versions of Android and it didnt on the earlier version on the old phone so i can see bills etc on the mobile

Please use plain text.