O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Home Broadband & Home Phone

Level 2: Apprentice
spurslad

Router reset button

I have been asked a few times by tech support to reset the o2 wireless III router. For the life of me, I can't get it to reset. I used a paper clip, but still no luck. I managed it once last year, but never since. Thought it might be a faulty box, but have had a replacement since, and still the same problem. Am I doing something wrong? Any tips?

Can a hard reset be done from the routers page on my desk top?

Thanks

Adam
Please use plain text.
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
Abs

Router reset button

Hi Spurslad,

The correct way to factory reset (hard reset) the O2 wireless box is you get hold of something sharp and thin (paper-clip or pin) firstly.

Switch your router OFF from the back (black button), insert the pin into the reset hole which is located at the back of the router, next to the power button. You’ll feel a click when you insert the pin and you’ll have to literally hold the pin. Now switch the router ON from the same black button located at the back and you've to wait until the power light goes Red/Amber then finally you let go the pin from the reset hole.

After that you just need to wait for about 45-60 seconds to let the router go back to the default settings. All lights will come back on. Hope this helps!

If this doesn’t work please let me know, I'll try do perform the same via our systems.

Thanks

Abhishek
Please use plain text.
spurslad

Router reset button

Hi Abhishek,

My line is being tested by o2 as we speak, so don't need to do a reset just now. The problem I have is that even when I put the paper clip into the reset hole, I can't make it reset, no matter what I do. It was the same with the last box I had. I feel a bit stupid when tech ask me to perform a reset, and I keep telling him it's not working :robotsurprised: :smileyvery-happy: I will try it again, after the testing finishes.

Thanks for your speedy response!

Adam
Please use plain text.
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
Abs

Router reset button

Thanks for keeping me updated.

Once the tests are completed, if the issue persists and you still require performing a hard reset, please feel free to ask me. I’ll do that from my system for you in this instance.

Abhishek
Please use plain text.
spurslad

Router reset button

Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

Router reset button

Are you using the right hole, it's the tiny one next to the power socket?

Hold it in for about 12 seconds, the lights will go out and it will reboot.
Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.2
Please use plain text.
spurslad

Router reset button

Are you using the right hole, it's the tiny one next to the power socket?
Hold it in for about 12 seconds, the lights will go out and it will reboot.

:smileyvery-happy: Honestly, I am. Maybe I'm just cack handed, or maybe I've been extremely unlucky and had to duff routers. I managed it once on the previous router, but that was more by luck than anything. Never managed to reset it again. :smileysad: There are probably people reading this thread thinking "he must be doing something wrong" but I've tried every way and angle. When you press in the paper clip, you would imagine that you would feel the button give slightly, but it doesn't. Just feels like you are pressing the clip against a solid surface.
Please use plain text.
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
Abs

Router reset button

:smileyvery-happy: Honestly, I am. Maybe I'm just cack handed, or maybe I've been extremely unlucky and had to duff routers. I managed it once on the previous router, but that was more by luck than anything. Never managed to reset it again. :smileysad: There are probably people reading this thread thinking "he must be doing something wrong" but I've tried every way and angle. When you press in the paper clip, you would imagine that you would feel the button give slightly, but it doesn't. Just feels like you are pressing the clip against a solid surface.

I understand that you've attempted to reset the box too many times yet unsuccessful. Please feel free to drop me a PM with your landline number and I'll perform the factory reset on your router from our systems here on this occasion. :smileyhappy:

Abhishek
Please use plain text.