O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Home Broadband & Home Phone

Level 2: Apprentice
colin_london

O2 DNS server doesn't recognise TfL Cyclehire Account Websit

Barclays Cyclehire website: https://web.barclayscyclehire.tfl.gov.uk is not recognised by the O2 DNS server. I can access the website via my T-Mobile mobile phone browser which proves that the O2 DNS server is at fault.

This is the Account Login website for the new London Cycle Hire scheme and I would have thought it was imperative that O2 enabled its users to access it ASAP!

To top it off, when I tried to report this via the O2 Customer Service webmail page it wouldn't let me choose the desciption 'My Connection / Cannot access Websitess' (sic) for the problem. I'm hoping someone from O2 reads this forum.....
Please use plain text.
buseng12
Topics: 14
Kudos: 28
Solutions: 2

Try this link.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/14808.aspx Edit Just noticed the sign in link does not work from here either. What I tried is putting "open dns servers" in my router & the registration page worked. I don't know what router you are using (I am using a Netgear) or if you can change them. The servers ip are, primary-129.250.35.250 & secondary-24.143.246.29.
Please use plain text.
colin_london

No - that is just the general info page.

Click the 'Sign in' button on the right hand side, which you need to access your account, and you will see what I mean!
Please use plain text.
Level 22: Usually online
Guest2

Loads OK for me
Please use plain text.
buseng12

No - that is just the general info page.
Click the 'Sign in' button on the right hand side, which you need to access your account, and you will see what I mean!

I have just noticed that, please see the edit to my post about changing dns servers.
Please use plain text.
buseng12

Loads OK for me

What dns servers are you using?
Please use plain text.
colin_london

Thanks buseng12 - I knew that changing the DNS servers would solve the problem. However, it is a workaround rather than a solution.

My feelings are that I pay O2 for a DNS service where I am in contract with them, and so have some sort of recourse should O2 use my web browsing record for a reason I do not agree with.

Using open DNS servers means you have no control over what your browsing record is used for.

PS. I am using 87.194.255.155
Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

I can only get to that site by switching DNS servers, I think this is part of the problem reported at beusergroup site and they're working on a fix.
Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.2
Please use plain text.
Level 14: Rising star 
browni

Re: O2 DNS server doesn't recognise TfL Cyclehire Account We

I can access the website via my T-Mobile mobile phone browser which proves that the O2 DNS server is at fault.

Brave statement.

See http://beusergroup.co.uk/?id=404

The first time I tried to acces the site I couldn't, second time I could.

I don't use O2's DNS.
SuperUser to Apprentice. You're Having a Giraffe

You can find me on Twitter @browni (pretty obvious ain't it!)
Please use plain text.
Level 22: Usually online
Guest2

What dns servers are you using?

Certainly not O2's

Currently I'm using IT@Home's
Please use plain text.