O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Home Broadband & Home Phone

O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
Abs

List of Areas Previously Firmware Updated

Hi Everyone,
As most of you are already aware that we’re currently rolling out an update (8.2.7.7) on our O2 Wireless Box II (585v7). We’re updating our customer’s routers area by area and every week, the next few areas that will receive the update will be listed on our service status page which can be found here: http://broadband.o2.co.uk/broadbandstatus/view/
Many forum members have commented that they’re not sure if we’ve updated their area or not. So this thread will keep you updated with a list of all the areas which have been updated to date. We’ll make sure that this list is updated every week as the upgrade completes.
Remember, to receive the update you don’t need to do anything, just leave your router switched on. If you haven’t received the update in the next few weeks or you’ve missed it, don’t worry, we’ll keep trying until we’ve updated them all.
The areas updated so far:-
(W/C - 23/08) - Milton Keynes, Gloucester, Swindon, Slough.
(W/C - 31/08) - Brighton, Bristol, Harlow, Cambridge, Crawley, Croydon.
(W/C - 13/09) - Reading, Hemel, Peterborough, Swindon, Tunbridge Wells, Southampton.
(W/C - 20/09) - Plymouth, Christchurch, Maidstone, Cardiff, Exeter, Chelmsford, Warrington, Liverpool.
W/C - 27/09) - Coventry, Streetley, Birmingham South, Sheffield, Leicester, Stoke.
W/C - 04/10 - Clerknwell, Holborn.
(W/C - 11/10) - Chiswick.
(W/C - 18/10) - Pimlico and Barking.
(W/C - 25/10) - Manchester
(W/C - 01/11) - Preston and Newcastle.
(W/C - 08/11) - Oxford, Derby, Birmingham, Northampton, South Birmingham, Tipton, Dudley.
Thanks
Abs
Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

Re: List of Areas Previously Firmware Updated

That's useful, thanks Abs! :smileyvery-happy:
Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.2
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
PowerLee

All we need now is one showing the dates when O2 are planning to do the rest of the UK :smileyvery-happy:
O2 Legacy Standard broadband FTW
Please use plain text.
Level 4: Observant
jimbobaggies

Please can you confirm the exact area's that are being updated when you list only cities, and large towns, e.g. if it is truly only the area's listed, then you have updated 4, 5, 6, 8 = 23 places in 5 weeks.... somebody who lives in a small town such as myself would be waiting until next year at this rate, although you have already rolled out to the two neighbouring cities which are both within ~32 miles of where I live!
Labor Omnia Vincit

LG G2 D80220B
Please use plain text.
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
Abs

Perksie - Your Welcome!
PowerLee - I understand everyone is curious to know when their area would be listed, however it's not possible to accommodate the list for future sites due to regular modifications and changes. I'd suggest to keep an eye on the service status page!
Jimbobaggies - Each aggregation site contains many exchanges and we process the firmware upgrade to all exchanges included. If your exchange falls under the aggregation site listed then it would be covered.
Abs
Please use plain text.
BarneyMcgrew

OK - with regard to the aggregated areas, where can we find a list of which exchanges are in each aggregated area.
For instance, my local exchange is Loughton. This is associated with the Ilford area by BT but could possibly come under Harlow with O2.
How do we find out?
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Turin_machine

Too busy selling our data to the highest bidder.
Please use plain text.
jimbobaggies

Jimbobaggies - Each aggregation site contains many exchanges and we process the firmware upgrade to all exchanges included. If your exchange falls under the aggregation site listed then it would be covered.
Abs

How do we know if our exchange falls under the aggregation site?
My exchange is wwbrix, which is in Torbay, however, both Exeter and Plymouth were on the list, and Torbay is bang in the middle between these two cities (~35 miles from either).
Anyway, I have given reason why I want the upgrade, and also reason why I am not prepared to phone CS in the other thread, so are you willing to accommodative pushing the firmware to my router or not?
tbph, I am getting a little tired of questions answered by questions, or with cryptic answers.... it is about time that the firmware was available to general public now....=
Labor Omnia Vincit

LG G2 D80220B
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
summersun

Jimbob my local exchange is WWPAIG and I also wondered if the Exeter/ Plymouth updates would include ours.
I have yet received no update
Please use plain text.
jimbobaggies

Jimbob my local exchange is WWPAIG and I also wondered if the Exeter/ Plymouth updates would include ours.
I have yet received no update

Apparently WWBRIX was part of the Exeter aggregation, so I would guess WWPAIG is as well :smileywink:
Labor Omnia Vincit

LG G2 D80220B
Please use plain text.