O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Home Broadband & Home Phone

Level 2: Apprentice
eXige_

Email complaint to o2 customer service

My message of complaint to the o2 customer service team.

"I am sick and tired of the poor customer service given. I have called up on so many occasions to ask about connection issues and I speak to the same low level, script reading customer service representatives every time. Not once have they been able to fix the issues I have had and I have to speak to them for 45 minutes each time there is a new problem as they refuse to put me through the level 2 tech support that actually know what they are doing.

My connection drops twice a day at least. Websites constantly time out every minute. I am so frustrated because of these issues its hard to put it into words!

Before I get the same scripted reply I usually recieve 1) My internal network wiring is 100% fine and there are no issues with it what so ever. 2) The dire o2 wireless box II has the latest firmware updates installed that I know of (7.4.2.6) and finally I once had speeds of 14,500KBPS down yet now I recieve 9500 or if i'm lucky 11,000. I had a faultless service from you for months but the last 2-3 have been absolutly SHOCKING.

To top it all off I call the customer service team for a last desperate attempt before requesting my MAC code and the "internal computer system" is down and no one can help me.

O2 Sort these problems out! You have many un happy customers!!! Check your own user forums and you will soon see the issues I am describing are nationwide.

- Charlie"
Please use plain text.
O2UK__

i have the same issue with the connection dropping out and i had to reset the rouer today cause all the computers disconnected. First time thats happend where all pc's go off the net. im just gonna get a new router-netgear DGN200.
Follow Me On Twitter! Adam_Bull
Windows 7 Ultimate
standard O2 Wireless Box II
O2 Home broadband standard LLU
--------------------------
O2 Pay monthly iPhone 4 16GB
Please use plain text.
Ceilidh

echoed

every detail
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
Waylander

Like pretty much any ISP desk, if you don't complete the 1st line troubleshooting you out of luck trying to get stright through to 2nd line.

And about the only thing i can think of off hand that will be a automatic failure to get through (apart from refual to do trouble shooting) is not having the router in the master socket. Going by your "My internal network wiring is 100% fine and there are no issues with it what so ever." you are refusing to move it to the master socket or refusing to try the test socket.

And this is part of the diagnostics that 2nd line are going to try anyway (surely you are aware this is one of the questions that BT require asked), your gonna be out of luck even you manage to get someone to put you through.
Please use plain text.
turtle9270

Well to be honest, 1st line are technical customer serivces and know more then you think, only on 1 or 2 occasions have i spoke to someone i felt wasnt "technical enough" to do the job, as previously said 1st line will refuse to go to the next level support of 1st line stuff hasnt been carried out.

If it s a known issue then you've got no hope of getting through to 2nd level, and to be honest theres no point, if its a known issue and it goes to 2nd line they'll kindly tell you the same "script" as you call it and close your reference down
Please use plain text.
eXige_

Going by your "My internal network wiring is 100% fine and there are no issues with it what so ever." you are refusing to move it to the master socket or refusing to try the test socket.

My router is in the master socket and i'm tired of moving it to the test socket to get the same result for the 20th time! I'm just totally fed up and want a service that isn't intermittent!
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
Waylander

Going by your "My internal network wiring is 100% fine and there are no issues with it what so ever." you are refusing to move it to the master socket or refusing to try the test socket.

My router is in the master socket and i'm tired of moving it to the test socket to get the same result for the 20th time! I'm just totally fed up and want a service that isn't intermittent!

Well best bet is set it up ther and thencall and they most likey run a 24 hour line test or up teh noise margin to see if it stablises the connectiom.
Please use plain text.