O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Home Broadband & Home Phone

Level 2: Apprentice
davieelevencoop

Cannot login to Wireless Box II

I have switched round my furniture in the living room and had to disconnect everything that was connected to the BT Master socket , after reconnecting everything I switched on my comp to find it was running slow in terms of web browsing.
I decided to do a hard reset of the router but now I cant login , Ive tried the SuperUser O2Br0ad64nd , plus on the back of the router it says Username is Administrator and to leave the password blank , but im getting no joy.
At least the web browser is lightning quick again.
I want to activate the wireless function and to password protect this , I dont use wirelsss , better to be safe than sorry.
cheers for any help.
Please use plain text.
Level 14: Rising star 
browni

Re: Cannot login to Wireless Box II

Try using the serial number of the router as the password.
SuperUser to Apprentice. You're Having a Giraffe

You can find me on Twitter @browni (pretty obvious ain't it!)
Please use plain text.
davieelevencoop

Try using the serial number of the router as the password.

Thanks browni, that worked!
I should have thought of the serial# , I gave my spare comp to my cousin after she signed to O2 , her password for the new wireless box IV is the serial, cheers.
Looking at the wireless settings on my vII it says that wep is already enabled , is this on by default ? If it is then that's good to know.
Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

WEP is on by default but you should change it to WPA2 for higher wi-fi security.
Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.2
Please use plain text.
browni

Glad to be of help.
If you don't use wireless why not disable it completely? You can get to that by clicking home network on the left hand side of the routers home page, click the WLAN and then click configure.
OT You may like this piccy I took back in 1991!

Please use plain text.
davieelevencoop

Glad to be of help.
If you don't use wireless why not disable it completely? You can get to that by clicking home network on the left hand side of the routers home page, click the WLAN and then click configure.
OT You may like this piccy I took back in 1991!

Under Configuration , do i just untick Interface Enabled: ?
Where did that photo come from lol ... I was at that game to watch Davie Cooper ( even though I'm not a Motherwell fan)
Please use plain text.
browni

Yep, just untick it and click apply.
As for the photo, I took the photo the day after the cup final when the cup was paraded in Motherwell. Just a pity Tom Boyd was picking his nose!

Please use plain text.