cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is 02 rubbish abroad like using in U.S.A

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is 3 rubbish abroad like using it in U.S.A got my regular updates on my phone charged me over almost £160. Where has my last provider Three charged me my regular bill of £15 pound that is including using Internet for roaming charges. 

I will admit O2 have got better customer service than Three there a lot more pleasant where sometimes Three are rude. Also you do get through to English person where as Three is foreign call centre.

But in terms of business Three are smarter & ahead by not charging there customers for using abroad where as 02 do unless you are in Europe anywhere else in the world they charge sky high fee.

Three let you internet more where as 02 charge extra there to as in my local area I have had my broadband user connected to my phone so I won't be charged anymore.

Sum up Three are lot like WWE smart in business know there competition look at big picture by letting its user use the internet  & use your phone abroad including the states for no extra cost & few other countries. Where as 02 are lot like TNA they only concentrate on Europe and charge sky high fee If your not in Europe.

An actor once said O2 where better well I have got six months left on my contract & I won't be renewing so I don't see where your better when rip your customers off if not in the UK or Europe no thanks O2 I have had enough.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah i know, it sucks 😞 If only o2 didn't charge so much for roaming, no wonder a lot of people are jumping ship and moving to 3.
Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
no wonder a lot of people are jumping ship and moving to 3.

They'll be back soon enough wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I have to agree with O2 roaming charges outside the uk, apart from eu from which the eu laid the law down, O2 do charge what they want.

Tu-Go is amazing I have to admit and when in Florida worked like a charm, but when there isn't Free wifi it's expensive.

One of my relations was taken ill when I was there with heart problems and it cost me £6 just to find out what was happening. I know I could have waited until I was in a wifi zone to use tugo, but when you get a message regarding it, it's the last thing on my mind is looking for free wifi and I needed to make a call.

Three use feel at home wasn't in then, but I do have a three sum and take it with me now when I do go abroad even if it's not in feel at home countries just as a backup.

O2, please bring down roaming charges or give us bundles that we can add, be realistic with charges and stop ripping of customers. It used to be cheaper when ITS was on your tariff, but since consumer don't get ITS its expensive,

Realistic prices and you will find, people use the phones more which inturn you make more money.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm off to NY and Florida in October and am hoping that i can get my iP6+ unlocked so i can stick a local providers sim in. I'm planning my wedding and the last thing i really want to think about is my data plan and how much it is going to cost me. If i can't get my phone unlocked I'm going to have to buy a cheap android phone to use (urgh). 

Then again paying off the handset and having the new 6S+ wouldn't be a bad thing....

Message 14 of 16

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 will almost certainly be unlocking the iphone 6 but bear in mind upgrading to the next release would give you the same problem unless you bought sim free from Apple or bought the phone outright.

Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 are saying 12 months before they will unlock the 6 or 6+ unless you pay off the phone plan on a refresh contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16