cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading local phone mast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys just wondeing if I can get your thoughts on my nearest o2 mast. Where I live I get brilliant 2g recpetion indoor and outdoor, however 3g is really poor and can only get outside. When i put the post code were the masts is it still says only outdoors the post code of the mast is PE6 0TX. So I think the mast is 3g enabled but may not be very strong?  I have recently had a search on my council planning permission site and can see a recent request to replace some stuff on the mast the link is http://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=externalDocume... Could this be to upgrade it to improve the 3g and possibly the chance to get 3g indoors or even 4g what do you guys think? Be good if even a mod could confirm this?? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 61 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair point fellas and of course i never go off topic 😆😆😆😆😆

Back to the task in hand, most likely the three antaenna will be a 2g and a 3g and a 4g cell with extra equipment to link to the fibre broadband network for 3g and 4g.

How's that?
Message 62 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good info piperdog123

Where do you get all this info from ?
Message 63 of 70

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Very good Nick... You almost saved it slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 64 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds awesome to me if it happens.... 

Message 65 of 70

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes piperdog where do you get this info from are you some kind of o2 master guro?? haha

Message 67 of 70

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Nick is our resident Network Guru slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 68 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rich i wish i could say that were true but i am merely a novice compared to your good self

To answer some of the ?'s though, in the not too distant past i have spent a little time with o2 engineers and also with openreach engineers who explained in basic terms how these things work. Add that into my own interest and reading and hopefully i provide some assistance to others with a hint of accuracy involved.
Message 69 of 70

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I was deadly serious - Take the credit for your network inside knowledge mate....

Currently using:
Message 70 of 70