cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading local phone mast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys just wondeing if I can get your thoughts on my nearest o2 mast. Where I live I get brilliant 2g recpetion indoor and outdoor, however 3g is really poor and can only get outside. When i put the post code were the masts is it still says only outdoors the post code of the mast is PE6 0TX. So I think the mast is 3g enabled but may not be very strong?  I have recently had a search on my council planning permission site and can see a recent request to replace some stuff on the mast the link is http://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=externalDocume... Could this be to upgrade it to improve the 3g and possibly the chance to get 3g indoors or even 4g what do you guys think? Be good if even a mod could confirm this?? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol o ok. seems like they spending alot of money on there network and i did read somewhere they signed a deal with bt to increase capacity so they got there prioritys right and judging from the speed results you guys are getting 4g does seem alot better on o2 than three when i was london last with three 4g i never got over 8 meg and ofton got speeds like 4 or 5. 

Message 41 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Network future is http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

Mast sharing with Vodaphone should help too.
Message 42 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

wonder if vodafone let o2 use some of there 2.6 band as slight_smile 

Message 43 of 70

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It is the fibre backhaul improvements provided by BT and Virgin that will make the biggest difference.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 44 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
When do we start sharing the vodafone masts aswell?
Message 45 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

are all telephone masts connected by fibre?? 

Message 47 of 70

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Yes, that's how the data is transferred these days and anything 3g and above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 48 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

only reason  i ask is tht my mast is literally at the back of a barn in the middle of nowhere lol 

Message 49 of 70

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It must be connected to something slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 50 of 70