cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading local phone mast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys just wondeing if I can get your thoughts on my nearest o2 mast. Where I live I get brilliant 2g recpetion indoor and outdoor, however 3g is really poor and can only get outside. When i put the post code were the masts is it still says only outdoors the post code of the mast is PE6 0TX. So I think the mast is 3g enabled but may not be very strong?  I have recently had a search on my council planning permission site and can see a recent request to replace some stuff on the mast the link is http://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=externalDocume... Could this be to upgrade it to improve the 3g and possibly the chance to get 3g indoors or even 4g what do you guys think? Be good if even a mod could confirm this?? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You'll have to let us know what changes.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

Looking forward to a positive update. slight_smile
Message 12 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes definitly let you guys know how it goes. 

Message 13 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
For clarification:

O2 DO need permission to access masts if they are on private land. The old contracts mean o2 cannot just walk on but the newer ones are more conducive to quicker access.

O2 DO NOT need planning permission for maintenance.

O2 DO need planning permission to change the services i.e. To add a 4g cell to an existing 3g site.

O2 DO need permission to replace a mast with a different sized one.

Given that o2 have put in planning permission it almost certainly won't be too take a mast out so i suspect that they are seeking to replace the mast with a higher one to provide better services. If so i would suggest 4g is being planned as well.
Message 14 of 70

MI5
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Think we got that thanks Nick wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for clarifying @Anonymous

slight_smile
Message 16 of 70

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clarifying things in detail. This is what the decription says Replacement of 3 x antennas with 3 x antennas, the removal of 3 x 0.3m DIA dishes and the installation of 1 x 0.3 DIA dish and ancillary development thereto so dont think its a full replacement just replacing parts?

Message 18 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair amount of replacement parts there !
Message 19 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully 4g parts!! haha 

Message 20 of 70