cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading local phone mast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys just wondeing if I can get your thoughts on my nearest o2 mast. Where I live I get brilliant 2g recpetion indoor and outdoor, however 3g is really poor and can only get outside. When i put the post code were the masts is it still says only outdoors the post code of the mast is PE6 0TX. So I think the mast is 3g enabled but may not be very strong?  I have recently had a search on my council planning permission site and can see a recent request to replace some stuff on the mast the link is http://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=externalDocume... Could this be to upgrade it to improve the 3g and possibly the chance to get 3g indoors or even 4g what do you guys think? Be good if even a mod could confirm this?? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

O2 won't confirm on upgrades , mast repairs or 4g rollout officially I'm afraid.

It a case of wait until the work has been finished and recheck via the service status checker.
Message 2 of 70

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You won't get any info out of O2 I'm afraid - They seem to classify it as Top Secret and aren't willing to share 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah thats a shame would be nice to know as would be bonus just recently joined o2 from three and enjoying being able to recieve calls and texts anywhere in my house so aint complaining. Do you think tho with the planning requests they are doing a upgrade or just routine matience work?? I do know nobody can confirm just asking for peoples thought or past expierience really. 

Message 4 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly both as they are upgrading their network structure to hit the figures mentioned in this link http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing
Message 5 of 70

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Major upgrade if planning approval is required.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope they do upgrade I did read somewhere that phone companys do not need planning permission to work on masts just need to give notification and that appears correct from the decision letter that the council sent. 

Message 7 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I hope the work improves things for you. slight_smile

As I understand it they still permission to enter private land etc.
Message 8 of 70

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You don't need planning for maintenance - It would only be required if major changes were happening to the appearance of the site.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose then only time will tell then thanks for your comments anyway guys

Message 10 of 70