cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade express

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just been cold called by a company xcalled upgrade express claiming to be working for/representing O2. They tried to sell me a new contract etc and had completely out of date infor about my account but did have my address etc.

Why are O2 employing these people? If I want a new contract handset etc I will get in touch with them.

andy

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Sounds dodgy to me I would ring o2 and check 202 from your monthly handset

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Sounds dodgy to me I would ring o2 and check 202 from your monthly handset

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow don't take it ask O2 and let them know that some1 called u saying that maybe they would be able to sort it out and find out who it was...
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the forum.

My rule of thumb is to abstain from taking up deals from any cold call from the company or associated partners.

Do some online and high-street homework as it's a long term commitment.

Deals will always be there to take up. wink
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't give them any details and don't sign up for anything as you say if you want it you will contact them
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add 'MobileGroup' and 'Elite Contact' to the list. Both claiming to work for O2 via the Carphone Warehouse. Sounded like they already had information about my account, my own fault for maybe not checking all the right tick-boxes at some point presumably.

Don't normally answer private numbers but I was waiting for a call that was likely coming through on one and ended up fielding all manner of scammers for three days.

Trying to double check whether anything screwy has happened to my account but not 100% on the questions I'd need to ask. 

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Thank you for sharing that info.

Call 202 from your phone and speak to Uk O2 Cs. They will check all is ok.

A rule of thumb is to not upgrade from any cold calls.

Do it online via your myo2 or in a store or in an independent if the refresh tariff is not what your wanting.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, 

the guys at the end of the line on 202 assure me that nothing weird has happened at O2s end, no odd charges or changes, so I guess things are ok.

Will keep an extra eye on the next bank statement just in case but otherwise the appointment that might have needed me to answer a private number has passed so I suppose I can go back to hitting ignore call like usual.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully that'll be the end of your concerns.

You are wise to keep an eye on your bank account ~ just in case.

Message 9 of 9