cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unfair default on O2 account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I need some help and advise please......

Recently my partner checked his Experian credit report as we are applying for a mortgage soon and upon checking this he saw that he had a default on his account from O2 going back nearly 2 years.  He left O2 and went to 3, when doing this there was an outstanding balance left on his account which he did not realise.  As soon as he realised this he called up and paid the £58.00 immediately, we then went on to contact O2 as he had never being made aware that he owed the money, he has never owed money before and had a perfect credit rating now thanks to the absolute space cadets that are O2 we are now going to struggle to get a new home.  They not once have tried to ask for the money back and considering they are a telecommunications company I think it is pathetic.  I have being in contact with all sorts of departments from credit referrals, web team, customer service and now complaints review.  Please can someone help me as all we want is the default form the account removed as it is completely unfair, how are you meant to pay a bill which you do not know about??  To say I am angry and at the end of my tether would be an understatement and would like some advice as to what route to take next.  I have read many articles online where O2 have done exactly the same thing to other people and they have removed the default.  O2’s customer service is shocking and I would never return to this big bully company, when the new iphone 6 comes out I shall most defiantly be moving to EE.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated slight_smile

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the correction @Anonymous , it's obviously different when credit files are involved.

I have had a result myself from contacting the CEO when a complaint had failed, but that wasn't to do with a default.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 41 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @aldaweb

Thank you. I hope you didn't mind me correcting. Certainly no offence intended of course.

For complaints us i totally agree CEO can help. It helped me. But o2 are resolute regarding defaults. The OP may have a fight on her hands.
Message 42 of 43

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @aldaweb

Thank you. I hope you didn't mind me correcting. Certainly no offence intended of course.

None taken. It's how we learn after all slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 43 of 43