cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unfair default on O2 account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I need some help and advise please......

Recently my partner checked his Experian credit report as we are applying for a mortgage soon and upon checking this he saw that he had a default on his account from O2 going back nearly 2 years.  He left O2 and went to 3, when doing this there was an outstanding balance left on his account which he did not realise.  As soon as he realised this he called up and paid the £58.00 immediately, we then went on to contact O2 as he had never being made aware that he owed the money, he has never owed money before and had a perfect credit rating now thanks to the absolute space cadets that are O2 we are now going to struggle to get a new home.  They not once have tried to ask for the money back and considering they are a telecommunications company I think it is pathetic.  I have being in contact with all sorts of departments from credit referrals, web team, customer service and now complaints review.  Please can someone help me as all we want is the default form the account removed as it is completely unfair, how are you meant to pay a bill which you do not know about??  To say I am angry and at the end of my tether would be an understatement and would like some advice as to what route to take next.  I have read many articles online where O2 have done exactly the same thing to other people and they have removed the default.  O2’s customer service is shocking and I would never return to this big bully company, when the new iphone 6 comes out I shall most defiantly be moving to EE.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated slight_smile

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Thank you for Coming back too to say thank you.

I'm sure everyone will join me in wishing you well and hope for a reasonable outcome. slight_smile
Message 31 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 32 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous   I have sent you a Private Message - you should see a small icon of an envelope top right of screen.  Click there.

Gerry

Message 33 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Determination and perseverance is the key....Good luck to you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

so the plot thickens.....O2 called me today as i contacted the complaint review service to advise me that they would not be removing the default as this would be fraud and that they had tried to contact 4 times, 3 times by letter and once by email.  After they had relayed this information to me i asked them to call Daniel and relay this information to him where she then went on to say to him that 1 letter and 1 email was sent.  I have previously checked the entire email account that O2 had on the account and not i cannot find 1 email requesting payment.  This is not the first time that i have had conflicting stories from O2 customer service advisers regarding how many times they had contacted, i would go to say this is probably the forth time i have been told a different storie.  They then went on to advise me that the no longer held the information on the account as they only keep up to six months so there is no way of forwarding me the original email, does this sound right?

I cannot put into words how infuriating this company is and their so called "customer service".  

Could anyone please advise me if what i have been told today is correct or in fact is a load of codswallop??

Message 35 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

As we are all customers here like you it's hard to say what they keep and for how long.

Your best private messaging @Toby who is official O2 management
Message 36 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I'm not sure it's right you should be getting the forum admin involved in this. It has gone to the credit referrals team and should now be reffered to the complaints review service.

Message 37 of 43

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous  As you have already contacted the complaint review service perhaps you should now send a letter to the CEO of O2 by recorded delivery outlining your complaint and that different departments within O2 are telling you different things whilst also confirming that you had no notification requesting payment.

It is entirely possible that an email was sent to an o2.co.uk address that you weren't monitoring and which has subsequently been closed by O2.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 38 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
@aldaweb apologies but incorrect advice.

@Anonymous thank you for your update. So what do toy do now? ??

Now you have your response you can do one of two things:

1. All o2 for proof of their contact, i.e. Copy email(s) & copy letter(s). I would recommend this route as a) I don't think o2 would be able to provide copy emails (which would confirm the date time and email address used) and b) would confirm the date and address the letters were sent to.

2. Now you have o2 crs final response you could now go to the Ombudsman Service.

Your choice but i think your position is likely to be stronger if you do point 1 first then once you have the evidence (IF O2 provide it to you which they are obliged to do) THEN take them to the Ombudsman Service as well.

I would also contact the credit reference agencies and place a Notice Of Correction on your credit file detailing the facts of the case (note here - facts not emotions) which although they won't change your credit rating will give lenders a chance to see your side of the story.

Assuming no other issues on your credit file you should be ok getting credit. If there are other issues though then you may struggle.

Please keep us updated and good luck
Message 39 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
@aldaweb re your advice to write to the CEO, this will have absolutely no bearing on the outcome as any complaints to the CEO go to the Higher Level Complaints Team of which the CRS is a part.

They will not override the decision re credit files. To support this i have assisted several OP's on here and each one who took advice from others to contact the CEO got no relief from doing so.

Sadly o2 appear to be able to destroy credit ratings and (assuming what OP's tell us is totally true) really does need to be investigated.

If they did it to me i would go all the way to court as a class action taking others with me and i would aim to cause o2 serious detriment for their actions
Message 40 of 43