cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terrible signal & call quality over the last week

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live just south west of horsham in west sussex, and over the last week, the signal on our phones here have dropped right off, to barely 1 bar at times, usualy no signal at all. the reason we switched to O2 in the first place a year ago was it had a good coverage of this area. Any one know what is going on? If this continues can we cancel our contracts and go back to vodaphone where there's a decent signal?
Any one else experiencing this?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Maybe but you would need to ring CS and ask for any technical issues and resolution times. If its quite a long period to fix then you may have a way out. Have you checked the status via the o2 status network page?
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm too from Sussex, live on coast in Hove and I'm too experiencing bad signal all over the immediate locale in the past couple of weeks. Very rarely getting 3G or H signal. And despite living in Hove and over 75 miles away from France I've been on Orange F and getting roaming warnings!!!
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Report it to O2, as per any mobile operator, they do rely on feedback from customers about quality in the area you live, though note that bad weather can cause issues with quality.
The more people who complain, the quicker the issue gets fixed as they have a bigger reference to what the issue can be.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had almost no 3G coverage for over 2 months now!
On phone right now to O2 (30mins so far) explaining to them the problem!
(Got told this time as long as i have ONE bar they're providing the service)! NO YOU ARE NOT! I have an ipad too and your service SUCKS!
You had masts done between kemptown (brighton) and Rottingdean and there was another mast down near kemptown and everyone was trying to connect to the one mast which is what was causing the problem!
I live 200meters from the hospital (ROYAL SUSSEX) and on O2's coverage map there is a mast right there! I should be getting a REALLY STRONG signal but the entire area is absolutely TERRIBLE! O2 WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT!?!?!?
My partners iphone is exactly the SAME, my 2 neighbours iphones are exactly the same too!
Until April my iphone and my ipad both worked really well, but you have let yourselves down O2. Its far too hard to get this issue resolved (be on hold 20 mins so far to give a total of 39 minutes on the phone now!!! Ironically having to call O2 help on my SKYPE phone on broadband because i cant get through on the O2 network!)
You are going to lose a lot of customers in the area O2 unless you BUCK UP!
AND
STILL WAITING TOTAL OF 48MINUTES AND NO ONE PICKING UP ON ANSWERMACHINE!
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
SHOUTING on this forum (and in life in general, especially at customer service reps) will get you nowhere, we're just O2 customers, if you need to resister a complaint with O2 please do so, but if you want some advise or help with anything then please feel free to ask us a question.
Politely.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont agree with the last poster, these forums are monitored like all company forums where they allow customers to post comments and views.
In the North West Area of Kent my I Phone service is terrible and so is that of many other users I know, three weeks ago I did take the trouble to telephone o2 Customer Services, of course I had already checked the Service Status Page which confidently reported that there were no service issues in this area.
The signal is up and down like a Yo Yo, try running a business with a phone that cuts out during a call, then calling back endless times to try and take a business call ! The calls when they do connect are of constant poor quality and as my contract is up in four weeks I am taking my business elsewhere as I cannot afford the loss of revenue from this situation. Customer Services promised me they would send me a new sim card when I called them and three weeks later it still has not arrived.
There is no way I shall be continuing paying £ 45.00 a month for this NON service and having checked the mobile service providers there are so many more generous packages for LESS money.
o2 can fool some of the people some of the time but not all the time, I advise anyone suffering form this abysmal service near contract end to let your wallet do the talking and give o2 short change and walk away.
Shame on o2 Customer service, Shame on inadequate cell system. :robotmad:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
For all those who don't know how 2 and 3G works and why its best to make calls on 2G, here is a quick summary wink
3G and the way the cells work to accommodate data users to give them the best available ammount of bandwidth is a little unfair in my opinion (this will change with the introduction of LTE), but the cells are "flexi" or in another word, the shrink with useage, this means you may have a signal but the further you are away from the cell, the greater the chance you have of dropping off it, even if one minute you have a good signal and the next... poooft! gone 😞
2G, the best way to make your normal phone calls wink
Really it is, LTE is partially based on this technology (where the cell area is fixed and not flexi like 3G) so that when your on there you wont get dumped off, so if your making lots of phone calls on your wonderful smart phone (and they are a real nightmare due to their software), switch to 2G only, if you want to go browsing then switch to 3G, don't just leave it on 3G or you will get dropped calls if it cannot hand over to a 2G cell (this happens unfortunately :()
Skype... I'm adding this one as lots of people seem to use it now, I personally hate VoiP, its a cheap and nasty (low quality and laggy) way of making calls, ok if you can live with it then use it but the quality can suck.
An example for this is a friend of mine uses skype on his (dare I say it, 3 iphone 4), he thought it was wonderful, said he had/has no issues with it, I said it sucked, bad quality, lag etc, to prove a point he made a call with me standing next to him and another friend there too, call made, I hear him speak next to me, 2 seconds later it comes through on the phone.... lovely lol.
Anyway back to the main topic, as above, 2G for calls, 3g if you want to browse.
Message 8 of 8