cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy note 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all

i am about to upgrade to the note 3 from the sg3 i want to change the firmware to the unbranded one ie no o2 at start up /shutdown (i did this with my sg3 after help from members on here ) can anyone help thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
With the Note 3 you can only go up in firmware revision levels if you want to preserve your Knox status.
As long as the debranded generic version is higher than the O2 version you are OK to follow my guide above.
You can still flash it but it will trip your Knox fuse and Samsung won't honour your warranty if this is the case.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 is your man on this
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
With the Note 3 you can only go up in firmware revision levels if you want to preserve your Knox status.
As long as the debranded generic version is higher than the O2 version you are OK to follow my guide above.
You can still flash it but it will trip your Knox fuse and Samsung won't honour your warranty if this is the case.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The OP is looking to flash the firmware, not remove an app. The link you provided, @Anonymous should be a help, but it would be best if @MI5 contributed, as that link is from a while back, (edit) which he has as I was originally typing this post.

I find it's always helpful to know what you're talking about before you give someone advice.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
You can do a full factory reset with a hardware eeprom clear and reinstall however any software doesn't go as deep. Therefore KNOX will always be an issue.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I've removed a number of posts from this thread to ensure that the topic the OP needs advice on is the main focus. Please send me a message if you have any questions on this.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions