cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ripped off

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with o2 for over 15 years, my phone broke in the last few days so the first place I came was o2 shop. I saw a Samsung Galaxy S5 mini for £239.99, £90 off, bargain!!! Out of stock but can deliver in 3 days, fair enough, 3 hrs after order get a txt to say not 3 days, don't know when they can deliver, up to two weeks???? Ask to cancel and get refund, 14 days to refund, went out of stock as I ordered? Still advertising 3 days customer service appalling, no phone, no money, no chance. Selling products they don't have and services they can't deliver, hello EE

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Organising a Live Stock system is easy @cyrillicguy.

They own Giffgaff and they have one that works. Copy it.

Well, there you go then slight_smile Means, both things (a Live Stock System and an instant refund) can be done if there's a will. 

Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
@cyrillicguy agree with you on this one mostly.

1. Refunds back to cards work like direct debits in reverse. So once the request is instructed it takes two working days based on the criteria the company set. So an immediate refund isn't possible that way but 2 working days is.

2. O2 would not allow this but option 2 is for a faster payment. Similar to those of us that use online banking now. You can send a payment to a company or a friend and officially it takes up to 24 hours but whenever I have done one it is there in minutes.

So o2 can do it and I still think it is highway robbery to take money for something you haven't got then hold the money for 2 weeks. Your analogy is great.
Message 22 of 29

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
For balance, on Sunday I returned some items to Wickes (they usually recommend you buy more than you need for a project just in case they sell it or end the line) and they refund back to the card you paid on.

Took items back on Sunday.
Money in my account Tuesday morning.

Great service from Wickes. Puts o2 to shame as it shows clearly it can be done.

Highway Robbery? O2 Turpin?

Well...they (O2) do it that way just because they can, innit? slight_smile 

Message 23 of 29

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@cyrillicguy agree with you on this one mostly.

1. Refunds back to cards work like direct debits in reverse. So once the request is instructed it takes two working days based on the criteria the company set. So an immediate refund isn't possible that way but 2 working days is.

2. O2 would not allow this but option 2 is for a faster payment. Similar to those of us that use online banking now. You can send a payment to a company or a friend and officially it takes up to 24 hours but whenever I have done one it is there in minutes.

So o2 can do it and I still think it is highway robbery to take money for something you haven't got then hold the money for 2 weeks. Your analogy is great.

You're right, card refunds and even the faster payment ones could take time to process, although like yourself I've never seen a faster payment taking as long as 24hrs, but even if it's 24hrs, it's not 14 days, and even if it's a card refund, it does not take as long as 14 days. What I mean by "instant refund" is for O2 "getting the ball rolling" instantly, as soon as a customer asks. Surely, certain processing times are beyond O2's control, but it should be their responsibility to act "right here, right now" to do what can be done from their side once refund is requested. They don't do it obviously...because they can...

Message 24 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I shop online for many things.

Live stock does not seem to be a problem with any other company.

Amazon for instance. In fact they can tell you how many of each item they have left in stock.

This O2 online shop practice is totally unacceptable. It seems an underhand way to take customers money and hold it in their bank earning interest whilst they wait for items to come back into stock!

As for refunds and the time they take....please don't get me started on that one Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Live stock systems aren't difficult to set up, it's a poor company that can't set this up. A computer can be programmed to deduct from stock as a unit is sold. It doesn't need some mum pet to physically use a spreadsheet, those days are long gone.

Companies hold on to your money for one simple reason....

Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

A refund for a canceled order is 7-10 days.

Message 27 of 29

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Either way...in this day and age it does not need to be that long.

Apologies to anyone who may want to tell me how the system works and why we wait.....I maintain that it could be done more quickly than they are allowed to get away with. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 29