cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refresh?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys..and gals
I was just wondering if anyone knew about the o2 refresh.. And knew if you can get a new number with it or do you have to keep the same one?
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could speak to retentions to see if a deal could be brokered definitley. 😄
Message 21 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So why don't o2 just offer the same price and not 'bung' anything to cpw...?
Or should we all just haggle with the customer service team to try and get the deal anyway? Lol

I guess because contractually O2 rely on CPW to sell thousands of contracts......

You can (and some have successfully) haggled with CS at upgrade time - There is usually something available....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 28

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 23 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I'm not the type to give up wink
So I'll keep pushing and asking until they hang up on me wink
Message 24 of 28

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I'm not the type to give up wink
So I'll keep pushing and asking until they hang up on me wink

Good attitude to have☺

Message 25 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
In this world you sometimes don't get if you don't ask !

Please let us know how your fair 😄
Message 26 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was a customer of 'another' provider for all of 24 years and I haggled each time until I was given handsets every year for long service.
They through all that away, when they augemented old accounts onto their new system of which I was unable to access my own account online for over 3 months.
There were plenty of calls and online chats to them, even a letter to their CEO.
I received a letter back offering me a £10, yes £10 credit to my account for the hassle.
The funny thing was, they could not even access my account their end either as could not find me, so how the hell would they expect me to do it if they couldn't.
They turned into a right joke until I cracked and came to O2 and before the end of my contract with them.
I still have another 6 months to go and the phone and sim is sat in a draw.
Thats how peed off I was with them.
I am pleased I have done this too lol.
Message 27 of 28

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
We had a similar situation when the iPhone 6 models was launched. It turned out to be more expensive obtaining it through a refresh tariff than what Apple were selling it for unlocked sim free.

Disposable income plays a big part.

@Anonymous stated countless times by myself, @MI5 and on one occasion @jonsie 

It was actually cheaper to buy an iPhone on O2 refresh when compared with Apple direct, by at least a minimum of £10 per model with some nearing £50 cheaper on refresh.

I understand your brand loyalty and part of that is obviously pushing apple stores direct, but doing so by the way of misinformation completely nullifies the point you were making.

People constantly misquoting this, now common myth, is only hurting the choice of the customers who may feel they are getting a raw deal from O2 without checking the facts, when in fact, O2 refresh may infact offer much better value for both handset and premium tariff.

Message 28 of 28