cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Call Me" Numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I just say what an utterly excellent idea this is?
https://if.o2.co.uk/
For £10 a month, you can set up a local number in one of 42 countries, which forwards to your mobile. The person calling only pays 'local' rate, and you pay nothing to receive the call. I work a lot overseas and this is a gem.
Only problems:
- You can only have a call-me number for one country. There's no ability to pay more to get more numbers in other countries.
- People calling your call-me number first get a message "Welcome to O2 International Favourites - we're connecting you now" (why can't it just be seamless?)
- The caller ID of anyone calling your call-me number is masked - it always comes up as 'withheld'.
If O2 sorted this out, it would be perfect. Well worth paying £10 / month for.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fixed line is much easier to connect to quickly due to it not being mobile, it can take a few seconds (up to 10) to find where you are and connect you, hence why its not seemless.
As for the CLI not being sent/witheld, not all countries use CLI, its normally removed by the distant telco otherwise, so if its not sent you cant receive it 😞
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
As for the CLI not being sent/witheld, not all countries use CLI, its normally removed by the distant telco otherwise, so if its not sent you cant receive it 😞

I'd agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that when the same person (with foreign number) calls me directly on my UK number, I get caller ID. It's only when they call me on the 'Call Me' number that their ID is removed. Meh.
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just found out why you dont get a CLI when you use this service, and probably why you have a slight waiting time also.
Not sure I can go into the reason, but it is valid.
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure there's some regulatory technicality (isn't there always? slight_smile )
However, it is possible - for example, for some calls I use the 18185 international calling service, and even though I first call their 020 access number, then the international number that I require, my CLI is preserved. So if it can work there...
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been in contact with the customer service agents regarding the caller ID and how I can check the balance of my minutes. They have not replied me but have said that they activated CLI on my side but the number still does not come up on my phone (it comes up as unknown). How is this possible? When I call the other person in US on the local number, my number appears on their phone. We used another phonecard with a similar concept and the Caller ID would work on both our phones.
Also, I still can't view the balance of my minutes on the My O2 website or the International Favorites website. Are any of you facing the same issue as well?
Thanks!
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been in contact with the customer service agents regarding the caller ID and how I can check the balance of my minutes. They have not replied me but have said that they activated CLI on my side but the number still does not come up on my phone (it comes up as unknown). How is this possible? When I call the other person in US on the local number, my number appears on their phone. We used another phonecard with a similar concept and the Caller ID would work on both our phones.
Also, I still can't view the balance of my minutes on the My O2 website or the International Favorites website. Are any of you facing the same issue as well?
Thanks!

No.... but based solely on your username, I think we are going to have trouble with you! wink
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
hahaha beware!! slight_smile
i guess i could live with receiving a call from 'unknown' although that is annoying me. I hope O2 fixes it as I guess theres nothing we can do and we're at their mercy hey?
What i really need to know is where i can find the balance of my minutes. can you guys help with that?
Thanks!
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
hahaha beware!! slight_smile
i guess i could live with receiving a call from 'unknown' although that is annoying me. I hope O2 fixes it as I guess theres nothing we can do and we're at their mercy hey?
What i really need to know is where i can find the balance of my minutes. can you guys help with that?
Thanks!

Send a blank text to 21202. See what happens. wink
Forget MyO2.
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sent a blank text to 21202 but all it tells me is that i have x amount of minutes remaining plus any unlimited or shared allowance left until 14/12. nothing about my international favorites allowance!
Message 10 of 18