cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Bolt Ons" for premium numbers?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldn't it be great if you could pay a set fee for calls to premium numbers on your phone instead of veins charged extortionate fees when you have no choice but to use your mobile to call and end up spending an hour on the phone?
My last network and allowed me 300 minutes for 0845, 0800 and 0870 numbers each month for a fee of £2.50 a month. Now that was a great service I appreciated. It rare that I needed to make these calls but I felt secure knowing I had a cap before I'd get extra charges and was more than happy to pay the £2.50. Unfortunately it was the other service that caused me to leave that provider.
Now, I'm so disappointed to find out that O2 don't have a service like this.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting thread and handy tip re the SayNoTo070 apps - but why does such an app need permission  to read files on the SD card in a mobile phone?

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Because the app can be stored in the sd card?
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah I see. Thanks @piperdog123.
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that, good news.  I hate 084/0870 numbers and avoid them at all possible.  I also ask these companies specifically for a number I can use from a mobile which doesn't cost a lot.

I once also did have a premium number bolt-on from another network provider in the past.  I had decided to use this because I was in the process of moving house and nearly all the companies I had to regularly contact were on them.  I was told in store that the bolt-on would cover me for all 08 numbers which I was pleased about.  Not long after the bolt-on was applied I had to make a call to an 0844 number and was charged an extortionate amount for it.  Naturally I wasn't pleased and rang the network up to find out why I had been charged extra as I already paid the £2.50 per month for premium numbers.  They told me that 0844 numbers were not included!  I was horrified and told them that that wasn't what I had been told in store.  Fortunately they refunded me the extra amount.  Seems like now with this good news we won't have a need for such bolt-ons in the future and I'll take a look at the say no website/app.

Message 14 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I certainly have learnt a lot from this thread @Anonymous  Thanks for posting slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 16

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Some great tips here about Premium numbers. If anyone would like to create a guide around this, do come and let me know slight_smile

We could use it to educate customers about this.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 16