cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Bolt Ons" for premium numbers?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldn't it be great if you could pay a set fee for calls to premium numbers on your phone instead of veins charged extortionate fees when you have no choice but to use your mobile to call and end up spending an hour on the phone?
My last network and allowed me 300 minutes for 0845, 0800 and 0870 numbers each month for a fee of £2.50 a month. Now that was a great service I appreciated. It rare that I needed to make these calls but I felt secure knowing I had a cap before I'd get extra charges and was more than happy to pay the £2.50. Unfortunately it was the other service that caused me to leave that provider.
Now, I'm so disappointed to find out that O2 don't have a service like this.
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are ways to avoid call charges like this @Jules11.

1. From December 2015 0800 numbers will be free on mobiles too for all uk networks. This is an EU enforced change.

2. All organisations (except financial institutions) must now offer an 01 or 02 or 03 number to contact them on (these numbers are included in inclusive minutes in your tariff).

3. www.saynoto0870.com is a great source for finding 01 or 02 or 03 numbers to replace 08xxxxx

So you will see there really is little need. Indeed even Sky (aka the devil to some for their previous refusal to offer anything other than 0844 numbers and closing any others once people found out about them) have had to succumbe
Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I think there would need to be some decision and cut off point about what actually is a premium number? Those you mention are fine...but there are many other premium numbers....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Check out the sayno apps and websites for alternative numbers to call from your allowance.
http://www.saynoto0870.com/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are ways to avoid call charges like this @Jules11.

1. From December 2015 0800 numbers will be free on mobiles too for all uk networks. This is an EU enforced change.

2. All organisations (except financial institutions) must now offer an 01 or 02 or 03 number to contact them on (these numbers are included in inclusive minutes in your tariff).

3. www.saynoto0870.com is a great source for finding 01 or 02 or 03 numbers to replace 08xxxxx

So you will see there really is little need. Indeed even Sky (aka the devil to some for their previous refusal to offer anything other than 0844 numbers and closing any others once people found out about them) have had to succumbe
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks y'all. I'll be using your tips. 😊
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The say no websites have apps too so check out your app store slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any recommendations? Best one out there?
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would suggest you have a choice by downloading more than one. I flatly refuse to call 084 or 087 numbers and if I can't find an alternative easily I assume the company doesn't want my business.
Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
saynoto0870 app has always done a good job for me and you can dial directly from the app too.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

All financial institutions and most of the commodities have overseas numbers. I always use them. They have no idea where you are calling from on a mobile. Nationwide have an o845 number but on the website it actually tells you you can use the overseas number if you wish wink

Message 10 of 16