cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor service reception in redcar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im sick of 02 not been abel to download anything watch videos for two week and still not resolved its not my device as it been checked im paying for this sevice i hope 02 will get this sorted now and compesait its customers in redcar if not im leaving going to check my contract to see if i can get out of it for lack of service
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
In extreme circumstances you can be released from your contract but in general they have it covered in the T&C's.
Your best bet is to keep a log of the downtime and inconvenience and then report it through the complaints service who will look at it and make a judgement http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
In extreme circumstances you can be released from your contract but in general they have it covered in the T&C's.
Your best bet is to keep a log of the downtime and inconvenience and then report it through the complaints service who will look at it and make a judgement http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum,

Have you checked via your full postcode here http://status.o2.co.uk/ to see what status your masts are showing as ?

If they are showing as 'Good' then perhaps download the MYNETWORK APP in order to report them. Ask any others around you on O2 to do the same to lend weight to the issue.

Also a sim swap has been known to sometimes remedy a situation as the sim may be the issue. Any O2 shop can perform this for you and it takes from a few minutes to approx 24 hours to fully settle. Turning your phone off and on helps the reset.

You say it's not the phone so I assume you've put another O2 sim in and you get good enough signal. Which may mean it is your sim. Unless this only happens in your home area then it may be the masts.

Tips link http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

O2 do cover themselves in their terms and conditions
They say in them that their service is not fault free and is not available everywhere.

Has the signal always been poor or is this recent ? As O2 upgrade their Network lots across the uk are suffering from Mast Congestion issues too.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for advice guys I will try sim swap and see if that works if not then i will complain other people have been affected by this on one day 10 people went in to 02 store to complain the tech people have been out to fix problem but its still the same my phone was perfect untill two weeks ago
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Sounds like a mast problem if others are having the same problems....

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also experiencing ongoing signal issues and i have sent an email to the complaints team. Once i recieve a response i will let you know the outcome.

Essentially, i am trying to establish if the network have a legal responsibility to provide a certain level of service. There have been issues in my location for over 3 months with no resolve and as a paying customer i feel they are not fulfilling their T's & C's by providing a decent level of service.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please do as you say let us know what o2 say.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
It's never been much more than 2G in Redcar in my travels to that area.......

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8