cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor customer retention

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently phoned up O2 to explain I am thinking of leaving as there is a cheaper deal elsewhere and they refused to match it and gave me my PAK code and sent me on my way without a 'fight'. I have been a customer since BT cellnet and think this customer retention is appalling, they are only interested in accumulating new customers. The most annyoing thing is I have a friend in the buisness who states retention deals like this can be done when matching competitiors. Has this happened to anyone else? what are your thought?

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

This has been reported on many times here. O2 do not, as a rule, pricematch. They obviously have their own business plan and sales strategy. They now believe in fair deals for all, whether a new or old customer.

Try an independent such as CPW if you wish to remain on O2 or if you choose to move network, please ensure your chosen one has good coverage in your home, work and normal travel locations. Don't go off network coverage maps as they don't take into consideration housing materials, signal obstructions, blackspots etc.

Best option is to get a P&G sim and use it for a week. A cheaper contract is worthless if you have coverage issues.

Good luck whoever you choose to go with.

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

This has been reported on many times here. O2 do not, as a rule, pricematch. They obviously have their own business plan and sales strategy. They now believe in fair deals for all, whether a new or old customer.

Try an independent such as CPW if you wish to remain on O2 or if you choose to move network, please ensure your chosen one has good coverage in your home, work and normal travel locations. Don't go off network coverage maps as they don't take into consideration housing materials, signal obstructions, blackspots etc.

Best option is to get a P&G sim and use it for a week. A cheaper contract is worthless if you have coverage issues.

Good luck whoever you choose to go with.

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Don't accept the first answer.

Either e mail them or perhaps compile a complaint and they may look at it again for you.

E mail.
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

Complaint.
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because of rubbish customer service (problems resulting from a simple online phone purchase, which took a month to solve!), i decided to cancel my contract and go with another provider. They now owe me £27 which i am still waiting for! It's been 2 weeks now and I was told that my money would be paid out in 10 working days. Each time I call/chat online to someone I get a different answer. Just so fed up and want my money back. Im tired of following up on something which is so simple to sort out. 

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found their retention team quite good actually, the first time I tried to leave O2 Broadband in favour of O2, the retention bloke was so good he persuaded me to stay on for free for another 12 months.

Then back in early September I rang up again for a MAC code, but this time I stood my ground, no sales pitches, no faffing about, just gimme the flippin' MAC! And they did.

Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Five phone calls over two weeks and no one recorded my complaint. I intentionally used the word "attrocious" and five employees choose not to record it in my notes. 02 added over £20 to a 14 minite call to 118118.  I contacted 118 118 and the siad the would refund £31 0f the £38 charge as an act of good will.  O2 made no such gesture.

This company is as bad as the banking sector and will fall in the same way.

Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
So you called 118118 and then expect O2 to refund you the costs?
Or am I missing something.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Why on earth would you call 118118 for 14 minutes?
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I'm assuming 118118 connected the call, in which case they add their fees on top - Either way it's nowt to do with O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 17