cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay up front for life cancelled by o2!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had a "pay up front for life" contract for many years. Without notice or regret, O2 have changed it to a £35 per month contract. The reason given is a change to a new computer system causing it to "lose" some or all of the Pay up front contracts!!
Can they legally breach the contract?
Has anyone else suffered this?
Message 1 of 159
158 REPLIES 158

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi,has anyone had issues using GPRS/WAP on the PUFL deal?
o2 advise me that i cannot use GPRS/WAP since i'm on a "very old deal" - think that this is blatant discirmination .

GPRS data is not included, but in theory timed WAP access via a dial-in number might be, as in the account my allowance says 50 Minutes Anytime Voice & WAP

I don't know what the number is, or how to make this work, and it doesn't seem worth looking
Message 31 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
well ..understand that its not included in the free minutes - but havent seen anything which should restrict me from using GPRS/WAP if i am paying for it !

its like saying SMS's are'nt included in the PUFL 50 - which covers only 50 minutes of airtime , but one can send SMS's by paying for them.

O2 are saying that with the PUFL 50 , one cannot use GPRS/WAP - which to me sounds absured !
Message 32 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi i have pay upfront for live 50 Minutes Anytime Voice & WAP via GPRS FREE UNLIMITED WAP 3G WIFI I can use it on any phone
Message 33 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 playing games again this year £120 for next year with £100 credit anyone else had this
Message 34 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not yet had O2 Telephonica try to shut my PUFFL account, though Im on the 20 text / 100 weekend minutes tarif.

I am though going to be using this phone a lot more when my 3 contract ends as a job change means that Im not using my mobile during the day any more. Im going to try to get my number ported to my PUFFL account - as I remember though when I opened it up in 2002 they said I couldnt port my number once the account was active.

Mind you, all that said - if they want to close it and compensate me as 8 years is hardly a "lifetime" Im not going to be too upset.
Message 35 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 playing games again this year £120 for next year with £100 credit anyone else had this

Mine was due for renewal in August and have been told the PUF plan no longer exists?
Message 36 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cant say Im having any problems.
I have just had to get a new SIM card from O2 after one of my little darlings hid my phone (bought a cheap Nokia from Tesco and unlocked it)
So, new SIM. I have also ported my old contract number over to O2 from 3 mobile (again no issues) and I'm still on PUFFL weekend 100/20 texts.
Whether or not it helps that Im a few quid in credit with O2 or not I dont know, but there has been no talk of the PUFL contract ending.
That said if O2 want to offer me some compensation to give up the contract then I would happily accept it!
Message 37 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have a Pay up front and it is interesting to see so many people still around with this type of contract.
O2 have been trying to get rid of me for years and this month they wrote and said they are cancelling my contract and moving me on to another tariff.
I have had this deal since Cellnet, then BTCellnet, the latter being great offering great deals. When O2 took over they immediately reduced the minutes from 100 to 75 with no texts. This was still okay as with the upgrade discount I only pay the equivalent of £3.75 a month and pay for extras I use. I like it as opposed to having lots of minutes/texts you never use, but pay for anyway.
Ever since there has always been some kind of problem, but I have managed to keep my deal.
I phoned O2 and a very pleasant chap just made it sound all matter of fact and that was it.
I intend to write and let them know that I'm unhappy and don't want to switch. I want to write to Oftel or which ever organisation I contact, not sure which it is yet.
Message 38 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Noticed on another forum O2 are closing Alltime75 and moving people to £10 simplicity.Anyone had experience of this yet
Message 39 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Noticed on another forum O2 are closing Alltime75 and moving people to £10 simplicity.Anyone had experience of this yet

This has been happening since at least june, when i first heard about it. It is no longer available at all for renewal and as existing contracts come to and people can either choose another tariff, go payg or leave altogether, thems the choices.
Message 40 of 159