cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay a you go balance transfer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. I am just wondering if i am able to transfer a balance from one payg sim to another payg sim. I have £6.70 on my old sim abduction don't want to lose it Thank you. Oh and hello everyone
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Although that clarifies O2's stance why would it harm / cause issue to move purchased credit around ?

Well we go a little off topic. Sorry Op.
Message 21 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Not too sure but perhaps @Anonymous  could clarify O2's stance and reasoning behind their policy.

Message 22 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I concur.

Hopefully @Anonymous can provide clarification.
Message 23 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've never really questioned it to be honest, but can see the reasoning behind it.

If it was allowed we'd have people ringing up "Can you transfer a quid from my mates number, he said I can borrow it", I think the amount of those they would get would be reason enough not to allow it.

Also, that £10 top up has more than likely paid for a free allowance, so by transferring it to another account it may then pay for that other persons allowance, or count towards their next months top up.

AFAIK, the process is actually to allow it from newly activated sims, such as a customer has bought a new prepay handset but also had to purchase a new sim with it, O2 will allow that credit to be transferred to the existing sim.
Message 24 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
That makes total sense to me wanty
Message 25 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Wanty for that.

I can understand O2 not doing the transfer for friend to friend.

However if the person is the account holder in both accounts then it should pose none of the issues you kindly state. 😞
Message 27 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
It could because the account holder could have 2 phones use say £10 to get allowance on one then transfer it and do the same on the other
Message 28 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Thank you for you advice yesterday. I tried this today and what you said has worked. I now have my new number and my allowance on my new sim.

I hope your getting stuck into loads of chocolate today i did.

Thanks
Message 29 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your update.

Glad your happy.
Message 30 of 30