cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pathetic restictions

Anonymous
Not applicable
15 yrs + with o2 pay dd monthly never missed a payment from same account, use a debit card and work nights, to unrestrict my account ive got to go to a shop with id to get messed about by an expert, then agian the week after coz they forgot to cross s t on the form,,,,,,,better idea ill pay what i owe tomorrow on line n go to virgin,my custom might be appreciated there,,,,, bye
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I am sorry you are having problems but not sure what your issue is? On one line you mention paying by direct debit and the next you are talking about paying by debit card?

If you are on contract the preferred method of payment is by direct debit. Have you missed payments? If so this is probably why your account has been restricted as you say.

You can always check your account via My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I hope you get things sorted. In case you decide to stay with O2 these are guidelines on ways to pay...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/m-p/874982

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I presume this is to get the 18+ restriction removed. Usually you can just call customer service these days.

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Never gave it a thought it was related to 18+ restrictions.....as the OP said they had been with O2 for 15 years?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

T was brought in around 4 years ago. I find it silly but if it protects kiddies then it can only be a good thing. What I find disagreeable is that totally innocent sites are blocked. If an account holder can call up, pass the security check there is absolutely no need to give a credit card for verification. The OP has been with o2 for 15 years and I think his point is that they have all his account details so why the need to go instore to prove who he is.

As I say, customer service will remove over the phone if you insist.

http://news.o2.co.uk/2011/03/03/mobile-phones-and-age-verification-your-questions-answered/

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's about time o2 implemented an online system for this like giffgaff do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6