cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outrageous o2 bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a plan which cost 12gbp/month. But but the last 2 bills have been well other 150gbp.

I went over the limit in terms of call, but any other plan would have been much less costly,

o2 is asking a lot of money there and and dont feel this high charge is a really nice way to get customer happy.

Did anyone here experience the same surprise, and feel he/she was not well advised on his contract ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144099 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You can always upgrade your contract to one with more calls allowance - Check in your My O2 for details of what you can go to.
Unfortunately, if you are on a limited allowance tariff it really is your responsibility to maintain control over it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144099 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You can always upgrade your contract to one with more calls allowance - Check in your My O2 for details of what you can go to.
Unfortunately, if you are on a limited allowance tariff it really is your responsibility to maintain control over it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

As said its user controlled as O2 don't apply a cap. 

You could ask O2 on 202 for a repayment plan if necessary. 

Message 3 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I have a plan which cost 12gbp/month. But but the last 2 bills have been well other 150gbp.

I went over the limit in terms of call, but any other plan would have been much less costly,

o2 is asking a lot of money there and and dont feel this high charge is a really nice way to get customer happy.

Did anyone here experience the same surprise, and feel he/she was not well advised on his contract ?

Thanks

What part of your contract do you feel you were not well advised on?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you got limited call allowance ie 500 Anytime minutes and you going over by say about 450 over You need to pay extra cost because you goin over by 450 minutes ther for o2 won't refund you if you phone up ect . Download my 02-UK app that's will tell you how marry mins txt and Web allowance you got left in till you next bill date ie mine is 21st even month .

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this your phone plans?
£12.00

A MONTH

300 mins

Unlimited texts

300MB - 3G

What is mobile internet data?

30 Days
Message 6 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I just don't see how this is o2's fault...
...twice.
Even if you were misinformed in the first instance, surely the second month would have seen a reduction as you would have changed habits after seeing the exact costs of your usage style?
If you believe you were mis-sold the contract and we're misinformed, I suggest you contact customer services by the methods described here:
O2.Co.uk/contactus
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have gone some £140 over your allowance that is some going and really is down to you as the user.

Sadly I am unable to check how many minutes that is likely to be as the link on o2 website isn't working but please note that numbers beginning 05, 07, 08 & 09 are NOT in your inclusive minutes and in most cases that is the same for all networks.

Sadly I think you will have to pay. However to avoid or mitigate this again I would recommend you up your tariff to at least 1000 minutes per month noting the comment above about numbers that are not inclusive regardless.

User error I'm afraid.
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

So you have exceeded your allowance and subsequently recieved a higher bill......sorry but I don;t understand what your query is.

Any more information you can supply us??

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quite rightly as pipedog123 says some numbers don't come from your minutes allowances.

Their are apps that can convert these numbers to alternatives that will come out of your minutes or Sites such as http://www.saynoto0870.com/

O2 link on Special Numbers. http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/special-numbers
Message 10 of 16