cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 rips off customers again!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disgusted in the charges made from o2 ... yet again, been promised £15 a month for a contract, i am living off the bread line and made it very clear to them initially i was on a tight budget, this month's bill came to £53 looking at the breakdown, there was charges for things i haven't even used !!! i have even been charged £150+ in a single month , that is absolute extortion... i will be taking this matter further . very unhappy customer and will be telling EVERY person i know, speak to or meet to avoid o2

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
What services were mischarged ?
Message 2 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

It's difficult to comment without really knowing what the charges are for. They should be listed in My O2 and if you don't agree with them you need to discuss it with customer service. If you don't get satisfaction there then the next step would be a formal complaint.

How to complain

Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

i was charged o2 to o2 numbers, when it states on my tariff that they are meant to be free, ranging from 30p to £3 a time, and checked back on my msg in/out box, i was charged for multi media msg, that doesn't exsist, so these are not even possible if i had have gone over my minutes

Message 4 of 23

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

O2 to O2 calls you can argue against if you are on unlimited. As for media messages have a read through this help guide.

Accidental MMS Sending and How to avoid it by MI5 - Here

Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the tip, but i know for definate there was no accidental send, checked my history and double checked  with the  alleged recipient, i don't send them as i am aware of the over charging o2 extort, will be taking this matter further and cancelling my contract, had enough now

Message 6 of 23

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23074 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

If you're 'living off the bread line' as you say, why are you on a monthly contract? If your budget is that tight you should be on Pay & Go, or take a contract with Tesco Mobile where you can cap your spending.

If you cancel your contract you can't just walk away from it. You'll have to pay off the remainder of the months you owe. If you don't, you'll have a negative mark put on your credit rating and you'll never get a contract with another provider.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes "bambino" i am on the bread line as i said'....  and in hindsight  i would be on pay as you go, i was before i went for an upgrade from nokia 3310 2 years ago to a htc desire, got talked into a contract though, i  was on simplicity before that at  £10 a month, never a problem, but when we are tied into a contract thats when the extortion begin's ... 

Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks jonsie
Message 10 of 23