cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 gurus are useless

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was nearing to the end of my contract, only one month left and so I asked when I could change to a sim only plan. I was told that I could change one month earlier than the end of my contract date, only to later find out that this was wrong and I had been charged for the last month too.

I know when I signed up to the contract I agreed to pay the full 2 years and I'm not angry about this, it's just that I was misinformed by the o2 gurus(otherwise I would have waited until the end of the contract and not cancel early!!!) and o2 refused to accept responsibility for their employees mistakes, charged me as normal even after having proof that I was told the wrong information. I will be avoiding o2 from now on.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I spoke to them, they apologised and just mentioned that I signed the contract to pay the full 2 years so I'm liable to pay the bill. Well yes I am due to the terms of the contract, but I was informed otherwise and I had no reason to doubt an "o2 guru". They just reassured me that this is a one-time event and will never happen again when I said I won't be using o2 from now on. Looks like I'm paying the price for their employees mistakes and I have no confidence in their reassurance to me that this will never happen again.

Message 11 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Call 202, choose leaving o2 and speak to retentions. ..you may get a good offer to stay. 

Message 12 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

O2 Guru? Yeah right. What a stupid idiot. No wonder you are more than annoyed slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do worry when companies 'big up' their staff with daft titles as gurus or genius - OK some staff do know their stuff but the average employee will have a hard time living up to the label attached to them.  I remember visiting an apple store a few years back to speak to a genius - "So you are a genius?" - I asked the lady, 'apparently' was her rather unconvincing reply! 

Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There's plenty of people everywhere without the sense they were born with!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 17

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A well informed opinion can be formed in seconds when speaking to these 'experts'.

Message 16 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry to hear about this experience. Feel free to send me a message and we can have a chat to see if anything can be done if you still need help.

I'm Toby, the community coordinator. 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 17 of 17